Category Archives: Video’s
Claxton, an Acteon company, which specializes in engineering and services for jack up environments, has presented its SABRE subsea abrasive cutting system.
The Claxton SABRE abrasive cutting system is capable of simultaneously severing all the casings in a well, regardless of casing loading, eccentricity or contents.
SABRE has proven an invaluable tool and has seen successful use on some of the most significant abandonment campaigns. SABRE’s abrasive jet exits the tool at transonic speeds – making light work of even composite materials such as cemented casings.
Using a jet of naturally occurring cutting components (garnet, water and air), SABRE has a low environmental impact. The system can be deployed from a vessel or platform, allowing simultaneous abrasive cutting of multiple well casings without impacting adjacent infrastructure.
In response to the U.S. Coast Guard’s demanding Offshore Patrol Cutter requirements, Vigor Industrial looked beyond the conventional. With the Ulstein X-BOW®, Vigor delivers unmatched seakeeping and endurance in a capable offshore workhorse.
- Ulstein Bridge Vision Best Business Idea in West Norway (VIDEO) (worldmaritimenews.com)
- PHOTO UPDATE: Coast Guard cutter returns to homeport following $55 million drug bust (uscgnews.com)
- Coast Guard rescue crews respond to boat fire with 8 people aboard offshore Nantucket, Mass. (video available) (uscgnews.com)
- Bourbon Offshore Norway Receives New Ulstein Design PSV (worldmaritimenews.com)
Hydratight’s Mechanical Connectors (formerly known as MORGRIP™ mechanical connectors) are used subsea in diver depths for pipeline tie-in and spool repair.
The high performance products are designed to be simple and reliable to install with key diver-friendly design features, including “hands-clear” activation and external pressure test. No connector has ever proved impossible to install subsea, and none have ever failed in service. Hydratight’s Mechanical Connectors boast a 100% leak-free in-service record with over 2500 Connectors deployed to date.
For over 30 years, Hydratight’s innovative products and services have ensured the integrity of all types of flanges and mechanical connectors. Hydratight can trace its roots back to 1901 when the Sweeney business was founded in the United States. The company’s first torque tools appeared on the scene in 1949.
- UK: Balltec Reveals Helical Connector (worldmaritimenews.com)
- UK: Balltec Gets Project Recognition Award for MoorLOK Connectors (worldmaritimenews.com)
- FMC Technologies signs $33M subsea deal (bizjournals.com)
- Norway: Ulstein Unveils Next Generation of IMR Vessel (worldmaritimenews.com)
Following sea trials during the past few weeks, Dockwise, a Dutch heavy lift and transportation specialist, now confirms the delivery of Dockwise Vanguard. The vessel has left the yard of Hyundai Heavy Industries (“HHI”) this morning and started its maiden trip.
Dockwise Vanguard will sail to the Samsung Heavy Industries (“SHI”) yard in Korea to pick up the giant hull of the Jack / St Malo semi-submersible floating production facility for transportation to the US Gulf of Mexico.
“We are pleased to see Dockwise Vanguard leave the yard following a delivery without a single LTI (Lost Time Incident), on schedule for its maiden trip for one of our key customers. As said before, we are confident that that the Vanguard will rapidly earn its place in the market and has the potential to create a new market of its own”, comments André Goedée, Dockwise’s CEO..
- The Netherlands: Boskalis Holds 40 Pct Shares in Dockwise (worldmaritimenews.com)
- State-of-the-Art Heavy-Lift Vessel Dockwise Vanguard Ready for Sea Trials (worldmaritimenews.com)
- Dockwise Awarded Nearly $60 Million in New Contracts (gcaptain.com)