Following sea trials during the past few weeks, Dockwise, a Dutch heavy lift and transportation specialist, now confirms the delivery of Dockwise Vanguard. The vessel has left the yard of Hyundai Heavy Industries (“HHI”) this morning and started its maiden trip.
Dockwise Vanguard will sail to the Samsung Heavy Industries (“SHI”) yard in Korea to pick up the giant hull of the Jack / St Malo semi-submersible floating production facility for transportation to the US Gulf of Mexico.
“We are pleased to see Dockwise Vanguard leave the yard following a delivery without a single LTI (Lost Time Incident), on schedule for its maiden trip for one of our key customers. As said before, we are confident that that the Vanguard will rapidly earn its place in the market and has the potential to create a new market of its own”, comments André Goedée, Dockwise’s CEO..
- The Netherlands: Boskalis Holds 40 Pct Shares in Dockwise (worldmaritimenews.com)
- State-of-the-Art Heavy-Lift Vessel Dockwise Vanguard Ready for Sea Trials (worldmaritimenews.com)
- Dockwise Awarded Nearly $60 Million in New Contracts (gcaptain.com)
The vessel features an overall length of 88.80m, breadth of 19.00m, DWT of 4250T, and maximum speed of 15.5 knots. Bourbon Front is designed with a hotel complement with permanent capacity for 25 persons.
The hull with ULSTEIN X-BOW® combined with diesel-electric propulsion systems ensure outstanding performances with regards to fuel consumption, sea-keeping, station-keeping, speed and cargo capacity.
The cargo system ensures safe and efficient loading and discharging of the vessels. The Multi Application Cargo Solution (MACS) and product tank configurations give a major increase and flexibility in cargo capacity.
ULSTEIN PX105 is designed to minimize the environmental impact and built according to Det Norske Veritas CLEAN DESIGN class notation. Catalytic reactors for minimum NOX emissions are installed. The vessel has a Green Passport complying with IMO ship recycling recommendations.
- Norway: Ulstein Launches New Platform Supply Vessel for Blue Ship Invest (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ukraine: Zaliv Launches Ulstein Design PSV Hull (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Polarcus Nadia Set for West Africa Work (mb50.wordpress.com)