Pacific Drilling – Operations (video)
Building Our Fleet
In 2008, Pacific Drilling initiated construction of our first four drillships – Pacific Bora, Pacific Scirocco, Pacific Mistral and Pacific Santa Ana. We successfully contracted each of these rigs to international major and national oil companies.
Four rigs are in service, and two additional drillships, Pacific Khamsin and Pacific Sharav, are under construction at Samsung Heavy Industries for delivery in 2013. A seventh drillship is on order at Samsung for delivery in May 2014.
In Fall 2011, we commenced construction of Pacific Khamsin and Pacific Sharav. Like Pacific Santa Ana, each of these rigs are equipped with latest generation specifications and will be dual-gradient drilling capable.
- Pacific Santa Ana Drillship Arrives in U.S. Gulf of Mexico to Work for Chevron (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: SHI to Build Seventh UDW Drillship for Pacific Drilling (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Pacific Drilling Extends Option for its 7th Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Pacific Scirocco Drillship Begins Work in Nigeria (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Pacific Scirocco Drillship Commences Operations Off Nigeria (gcaptain.com)
Posted on May 7, 2012, in Drilling, Drillship, Drillships, Gulf of Mexico, Oil & Gas - offshore, Video's and tagged Drillship, gulf of mexico, Pacific Drilling, Pacific Santa Ana, Samsung Heavy Industries, South Korea. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Pacific Drilling – Operations (video).