Monthly Archives: December 2011
Consider this the Grammys for Rigzone (minus the red carpet, celebrities, movies, etc.). A special thanks goes out to our dedicated Rigzone readers for making this a wonderful year for the Rigzone team.
So without much ado, click through the slideshow below to view
Subsea World News team wishes all our readers and their loved ones a happy and prosperous New Year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012!
Offshore Energy Today team wishes all our readers and their loved ones a joyous holiday and a happy and prosperous New Year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012!
Year of the pipeline: Time magazine’s Person of the Year is the protester, and that is probably valid, but we think that the editors missed an important also-ran — the pipeline. Few care to stop and notice the elegance in unsung lengths of steel cylinders stirring fierce passions such as nationalism, greed and tear-inducing anger. We are talking the 24- and 36-inch steel cylinders that carry oil and gas across continents, under bodies of water and over mountains to the 7 billion people of the Earth. Who for instance considered nominating the Keystone Pipeline as political instrument of the year for how it threatened to shut down the whole of the U.S. government, and may yet in the coming couple of months? Then there is Nabucco, a proposed natural gas line that has much of Europe, Russia along with the U.S. tied up in sanctimonious knots over who will exercise geopolitical and economic leverage in Europe. This week Russia notched up the temperature by securing crucial support from Turkey for its repost to Nabucco, a pipeline that it calls South Stream. That battle also will carry over into the new year. And who can forget the proposed trans-Afghanistan gas pipeline, known by the acronym TAPI? A powerful and high-kicking chorus is backing TAPI, led by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and CIA director David Petraeus, who embraced the line when he was running the ground game as a general in Afghanistan. Observers, including this blog, have cast doubt on TAPI’s feasibility given Afghanistan’s chaos. Yet we celebrate it as a worthy addition to this improbable pantheon — inanimate objects that somehow transmogrify into organic, breathing beings capable of arousing high-stakes emotion in humans.
- Putin pushes forward gas pipeline (bbc.co.uk)
- Turkey deal boosts Russias pipeline project (theglobeandmail.com)
- Gas pipeline gets Turkey go ahead (bbc.co.uk)
- Keystone XL Pipeline is Shut Down (rtv2100blog.wordpress.com)
- Putin urges acceleration of South Stream (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Turkey Approves Construction of South Stream Gas Pipeline (ibtimes.com)
- As Talks With Ukraine Fail, Putin Pushs Ahead With South Stream (businessinsider.com)
- There’s no stopping South Stream (rt.com)
The company has initiated a project to add liquefaction services that would transform the Sabine Pass LNG terminal into a bi-directional facility capable of exporting LNG.
Cheniere recently also announced that it is developing a LNG export terminal at one of the company’s existing sites that was previously permitted for a regasification terminal, located in Corpus Christi, Texas.
- USA: Cheniere Declares Quarterly Distributions
- Cheniere Energy Partners Initiating Project to Add Liquefaction Capabilities at the Sabine Pass LNG Terminal (USA)
- Societe Generale Says Cheniere Can Make Sabine Pass Export Decision After Fenosa Deal (USA)
- Cheniere Signs MOU with Gas Natural SDG for Bi-Directional Processing Capacity at the Sabine Pass LNG Terminal (USA)
- Cheniere Energy and Cheniere Energy Partners, L.P. Agree to Restructure Marketing TUA Arrangements to Improve Capital Structure (USA)
- USA: Cheniere Plans Corpus Christi LNG Export Terminal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Lithuania: Cheniere Eyes LNG Exports by 2015 (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Gas Natural Fenosa Deals with Cheniere Energy to Buy US Shale Gas Sourced LNG (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Cheniere Enters into Contract with Bechtel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Cheniere, BG Ink LNG Sale and Purchase Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Societe Generale Says Cheniere Can Make Sabine Pass Export Decision After Fenosa Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Chesapeake CEO Opposes US LNG Exports (mb50.wordpress.com)
Eastern Shipbuilding Group has delivered the HARVEY SUPPORTER, the first of three (3) 292 ft. Tiger Shark Class Offshore Support Vessels for Harvey Gulf International Marine, LLC.
The HARVEY SUPPORTER is an STX Marine design featuring a DP II SOLAS-classed AC diesel-electric, twin Z-drive Offshore Support Vessel measuring 292’ X 64’ X 24’-6”. Power and propulsion systems, controls, automation, etc. are provided by the system integrator, Converteam, Inc. This high-tech vessel features four Cummins QSK60-DM 16-cylinder turbo-charged Tier II diesel generator engines that are rated 1825 Kw at 1,800 rpm. Main propulsion is provided by two Schottel SRP 2020 FP Z-drives with nozzles rated at 2,500 Kw at 1,025 rpm each for a total of 6,704 hp. Schottel also provided two STT 4 fixed pitch tunnel thrusters rated at 1,180 Kw at 1,170 rpm each with direct coupled electric motors. The vessel is capable of top speeds in access of 12 knots.
- USA: Eastern Shipbuilding Group Delivers Tiger Shark Class PSV to Aries Marine
- USA: Thrustmaster to Deliver Propulsion System for Two PSVs
- USA: Caterpillar Marine to Provide Four Cat 3516C DEP Generator Sets for MPSV
- Brazil: Caterpillar Wins Contract to Power 16 Offshore Supply Vessels
- Harvey Gulf International Authorizes Construction of First United States Flagged LNG OSV
Other Related articles
- USA: Harvey Gulf Orders CAT DEP Generators for SV-310 Offshore Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- China: Sinopacific Group Delivers Ulstein Design OSV to Neptune Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: STX OSV to Build 4 PSVs for Island Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Hornbeck Announces Construction Contracts in $720m Newbuild Program (gcaptain.com)
- Wärtsilä To Supply Propulsion Equipment For First U.S.-Flagged LNG-Powered OSV’s (gcaptain.com)
- USA: Hornbeck Plans to Build Sixteen New Generation Offshore Supply Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ukraine: Zaliv Launches Ulstein Design PSV Hull (mb50.wordpress.com)