The rigs are of the GustoMSC CJ46-X100-D design, capable of drilling in a water depth of about 375 ft. Rig construction is expected to take about two years. They will be built at CMHI’s shipyard on Shenzhen’s Mazhou Island.
GustoMSC has signed the license agreement with CMHI and will also deliver the GustoMSC rack and pinion jacking systems, fixation systems and X-Y skidding system for the patented GustoMSC X-Y cantilever.
Special features of the CJ46-X100-D are:
– Drilling derrick: 170 ft, 1500 kips
– Mud pumps: 3 x 2,200 HP
– X-Y cantilever: large reach (70 x 40 ft) high load (2,500 kips)
- Bermuda: AOD to Increase Water Depth Capacity for its Jack-ups (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Fairmount Marine Brings Ocean Yorktown Rig in U.S. Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Songa Offshore Orders Two Rigs from DSME (mb50.wordpress.com)
- World’s Biggest Crane TAISUN assembles drilling rig (mb50.wordpress.com)
- High-Spec Jackup Market: Hercules Offshore increases stake in Discovery Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Push for permits in Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)