CTC Marine Projects, Ltd., a subsidiary of DeepOcean Group Holding AS, announced the award of a major trenching contract for COOEC on the Liwan 3-1 Project in China located 350 kilometres offshore Shenzhen, China.
CTC will be responsible for the trenching of approximately 174 kilometres of 30-inch pipeline from the Shallow Water Host Platform of the Liwan field development in water depth of 205 metres. For this workscope, CTC will use the MSV Volantis equipped with two ROVs and the world’s most powerful jet trenching ROV, the 2.1 Megawatt UT-1 Trencher.
Tony Stokes, Director of CTC’s Asia Pacific operations, states, “This project, along with the recently completed project with the Volantis and UT-1 in South Korea, shows the demand for CTC’s trenching technology in the thriving South East Asia region. We look forward to a successful campaign and are very pleased to cooperate with COOEC Subsea on such an epic project.”
- Australia: DeepOcean Wraps Up Kipper Tuna Turrum Trenching (mb50.wordpress.com)
- T1200 Trenching Unit Nearing Completion in the UK (mb50.wordpress.com)
The rigs are of the GustoMSC CJ46-X100-D design, capable of drilling in a water depth of about 375 ft. Rig construction is expected to take about two years. They will be built at CMHI’s shipyard on Shenzhen’s Mazhou Island.
GustoMSC has signed the license agreement with CMHI and will also deliver the GustoMSC rack and pinion jacking systems, fixation systems and X-Y skidding system for the patented GustoMSC X-Y cantilever.
Special features of the CJ46-X100-D are:
– Drilling derrick: 170 ft, 1500 kips
– Mud pumps: 3 x 2,200 HP
– X-Y cantilever: large reach (70 x 40 ft) high load (2,500 kips)
- Bermuda: AOD to Increase Water Depth Capacity for its Jack-ups (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Fairmount Marine Brings Ocean Yorktown Rig in U.S. Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Songa Offshore Orders Two Rigs from DSME (mb50.wordpress.com)
- World’s Biggest Crane TAISUN assembles drilling rig (mb50.wordpress.com)
- High-Spec Jackup Market: Hercules Offshore increases stake in Discovery Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Push for permits in Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)