Technip Oceania (TPO), a Technip Group ) operating centre in Perth, Australia, has been awarded a contract, worth approximately AUD110 million (€90 million), by South Korea’s Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME) for the detailed design of Chevron’s Wheatstone offshore gas processing platform, located 200 kilometers off Western Australia’s coast.
The upstream (offshore) part of the project is comprised of the development of gas fields in the WA-17-R and WA-253-P petroleum titles located on the Northwest Shelf offshore Western Australia at water depths of 70 to 200 meters. Subsea gas-gathering systems will transport production to the processing platform where the gas and condensate will be treated. It will then be exported to the onshore gas plant located at Ashburton North, 12 kilometers west of Onslow, on the Pilbara coast of mainland Western Australia.
This award follows on from TPO’s successful completion of the front-end engineering design of the project, a contract awarded by Chevron in 2009. The contract represents a breakthrough for TPO, who are leading the work and performing over 40% locally in Australia. Frans Roozendaal, TPO’s Managing Director, says “the Wheatstone Platform is one of the largest offshore platforms ever built, and I am proud that we have been able to deliver the design for DSME from our Australian operation. We have had to expand locally to perform the work, with over 200 people in Perth working on the project.”
DSME’s Project Manager, KH Lee says “it has been good to be able to use Technip’s Australian office to lead this work. The continuation from FEED, the knowledge of Australian requirements, and the proximity to Chevron gives us a great advantage.”
Technip’s operating centers in Perth, Australia and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia will execute the contract, which is scheduled to be completed in the second half of 2012.
- Israel: DSME Signs Tamar Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Daewoo Shipbuilding Blazes Past $12 Billion in Sales for 2011 (gcaptain.com)
- Norway: North Sea Giant Stays with Technip (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Technip Participates in Statoil’s Vilje and Visund Developments (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Technip Bags Lump Sum Contract for Lucius Development Project in GoM (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Technip Wins Two-Year Contract Extension for Pipeline Repair Services (mb50.wordpress.com)