Posted by mb50
From the Jack Hunter comes this piece. Apparently there are some conservatives on the Hill who are seeking the repeal (or to at least amend) the National Defense Authorization Act which gives the president the authority (though in the Constitution there is none) to detain American citizens indefinitely and without due process. Good on ya House GOP. Though I don’t see leadership endorsing the effort.
To date the push has been led by Republican Congressman Justin Amash, a real shining light of liberty and hopefully a rising star in the House too. He seeks to raise the profile of the NDAA, and to the degree that we can we seek to help him.
The NDAA is un-American. It is a blot on our country. Never should such power be given to the president. Never.
It is of such concern that recently in Worcester Massachusetts a group of Occupiers and a group of TEA Partiers got together for an afternoon to protest this horrible law. That’s something!
Sadly however the surveillance state continues to grow.
We now live in a society where the TSA can and does accost us every time we get on a flight. We must now take off our shoes, belts, toss out our shampoo, potentially get felt up, and be subject to doses of radiation just to get on a plane.
We have robot cameras on highways issuing speeding tickets. One camera in Washington DC across from the German embassy has issued “tens of thousands.” I heard this morning that someone actually hired a guy to stand with a sign beside the road warning drivers of the camera.
The Department of Homeland Security is a beast that continues to rage out of control. It, along with other law “enforcement” agencies will soon deploy drones in American airspace. By 2020 the FAA anticipates that there will be 30,000 drones patrolling the skies. How can a country which calls itself the “Land of the Free” allow this to happen? We will be watched everywhere we go. And why? Because we must thwart terrorism!
I’m sorry but I am WAY more concerned about 30,000 drones peering into the lives of everyday Americans than I am about acts of terrorism. I feel like if we have 30,000 drones flying around watching us then the terrorists it can be said have won. We have abandoned our western liberal ways for an almost subhuman existence in may respects. It certainly is not the life of a “citizen.” Citizens are free people.
We are heading down a very dangerous road here. If Americans don’t really start to buck the surveillance state now, they will never throw it off. But alas, we are all too busy, with jobs, and children, and bills, to notice that the sun is increasingly being blocked out by the government eye in the sky.
The cherry on the surveillance sundae is that as our liberties slip away, one at a time, there are people making big bucks off of every slip.
Looks like Orwell was only off by a few decades.
- Guest Post: Precrime In America (zerohedge.com)
- Is the NDAA illegal? NOT NO BUT HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!! (tatoott1009.com)
- How the US uses sexual humiliation as a political tool to control the masses (veteranstoday.com)
- How The Us Constitution is Being Taken Away Right From Under Your Noses (socyberty.com)
- 30,000 Spy Drones Over the Land of the Free (redstateprogressive.com)
- The American Police State Takes a Major Step Forward With Passage of Bill Accelerating Integration of Drones into American Airspace (theintelhub.com)
- Bill Clears Path For 30,000 Surveillance Drones Over US In Next Ten Years: Critics warn military industrial complex pushing US “willy-nilly toward an era of aerial surveillance” (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- Romney Would Sign NDAA (mountainrepublic.net)
Tags: Federal Aviation Administration, Land of the Free, National Defense Authorization Act, NDAA, nudge, Terrorism, Transportation Security Administration, TSA, un-American, United States, United States Department of Homeland Security, Washington DC