The hull of the offshore construction and well intervention vessel “Polar Onyx”, built by the order from Norwegian company Ulstein Hull AS, has been launched at Shipyard Zaliv on May 31, 2013.
The hull is currently moored alongside the outfitting berth of the Ukraine-based yard and is waiting to be towed to Norway to the place of final completion.
The high-capacity vessel is designed for operations in harsh conditions and deep waters, with a length of 130 meters and a 25 meter beam. The vessel is built to the highest standard for dynamic positioning, DP2+, and is equipped with a 250t AHC offshore crane. It is also equipped with a 275t Vertical Lay System above a moonpool which is capable of installing flexible pipe and umbilicals to 3,000m water depth.
In total, during the six years of cooperation between Zaliv and Ulstein Hull AS, fourteen vessels have been built for work in the oil and gas industry.
Ulstein Group, a group of companies mainly known for its ship building and ship design activities reported today that the first platform supply vessel (PSV) newbuilding of the PX121 design from ULSTEIN®, M/V Blue Fighter, was named in a formal ceremony at Ulstein Verft, Norway on 12 January.
The vessel, 83.4 m of overall length, is the first of two PSVs of the new design under construction at Ulstein Verft for Blue Ship Invest, a shipping company in ULSTEIN. Blue Fighter’s sister vessel will be delivered in Q3 of 2012.
- Norway: Ulstein Delivers Rem Hrist PSV to Remoy Shipping
- Ukraine: Zaliv Launches Ulstein Design PSV Hull
- Norway: Ulstein Verft Delivers Rem Mist PSV Ahead of Schedule
- Norway: Ulstein Power & Control to Deliver Equipment Packages for New SX148 Design Vessel
- Norway:Ulstein Verft. Delivers Norman Ranger to Solstad Offshore
- Ukraine: Zaliv Launches Ulstein Design PSV Hull (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Polarcus Nadia Set for West Africa Work (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ship Photo of the Day: Giant Motor-Driven Canoe? (gcaptain.com)
- China: Sinopacific Group Delivers Ulstein Design OSV to Neptune Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- The Netherlands: Norwind Installer and Ulstein Join Forces on New Offshore Wind Foundation Installation Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- MacGregor Systems for New OSVs in Asia and Europe (mb50.wordpress.com)
The project, undertaken by national gas company Naftogaz Ukrainy, is planned to be constructed on the Black Sea. However, due to a lack of investor interest, the project has been delayed, the paper reports a source from Naftogaz Ukrainy as saying. The country will now concentrate on a cheaper low-power floating regasification plant, the paper says.
The country is now considering the possibility of renting a floating terminal for regasification of the LNG until funding can be secured to built a terminal of its own.
“Today we see the mechanisms to use the offshore LNG-terminal,” chairman of the Ukrainian National Project LNG body, Vitaliy Demianiuk said. “The term of preparation of this project is about 2 years. It will be used until a ground terminal is built.”
Ukraine has turned to alternative sources of gas as part of an effort to diversify supply from Russian supplier Gazprom. Spanish Socoin, a gas engineering company, has recently been tasked with completing a feasibility study on the LNG terminal.
- Petronet in Talks to Buy Capacity at US, Australia LNG Terminals (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Lithuania: Klaipedos Nafta Receives Three Bids for LNG FSRU (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Jamaica: Bids Open for LNG Project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Angola LNG Looks to Sell Liquefied Natural Gas to Non-U.S. Buyers (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Australia: UBS Says Woodside Faces LNG Delays (mb50.wordpress.com)
- InterOil and Gunvor ink LNG supply deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Japan hopes to buy LNG from U.S. by 2015 (mb50.wordpress.com)