Aker Solutions has signed a contract with Lundin for the engineering, procurement and construction of a subsea production system for the Brynhild project on the Norwegian continental shelf. The contract value is approximately NOK 700 million (USD 123 Million).
The scope of work includes one template-manifold structure, one riser base, three subsea trees, three wellhead systems, control system, a tie-in system, 38 kilometres of umbilicals, HP riser and rental tooling. The contract contains several options for additional equipment, including other field developments.
The Brynhild field is located north-west of the Ula field and 38 kilometres east of the Pierce field. The water depth is approximately 80 meters. Brynhild will be developed as a fast track subsea tie-back to the Pierce FPSO.
“We are very pleased to be awarded this first subsea production system contract with Lundin. This contract allows us to utilise the total strength of our subsea offering and work closely with this important customer”, says Alan Brunnen, EVP Subsea within Aker Solutions.
Management, engineering and procurement of the subsea production system will be primarily performed at Aker Solutions’ headquarters in Oslo, Norway. Fabrication of the subsea trees will be completed at Aker Solutions’ manufacturing centre in Tranby, Norway and production of the template-manifolds will be carried out at the company’s fabrication yard in Egersund, Norway. The umbilical will be manufactured in Moss, Norway and the control and wellhead systems will be delivered out of Aberdeen, UK. Installation and commissioning will be handled by Aker Solution’s service base in Aagotnes, Norway. Final deliveries will be made in Q2 2013.
The contract has been signed and booked as order intake in Q3 2011. The contract party is Aker Subsea AS.
- Norway-based Aker Solutions Increases its Middle East Presence with X3M Acquisition (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Aker Proposes Aker Floating Production Acquisition (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Re-inventing subsea intervention to keep economics above water (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Det Norske Pens Important Jette Field Deals (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: EMAS Wins Gulf of Mexico Subsea Contract from BP (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Goliat Field Goes Online (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Subsea:The Riserless Light Well Intervention – (Video) (mb50.wordpress.com)