This contract is for the engineering, procurement and installation of two 10” 12 km oil production pipelines, together with a pull-in to Gullfaks C and tie-in at the Tordis PLIM. Engineering will commence immediately with offshore operations in 2011 and 2012.
Tordis oil field lies in block 34/7 in the Tampen area of the Norwegian North Sea, and came on stream in 1994.
In addition to the main Tordis structure, the development embraces the Tordis East (1998), Borg (1999) and Tordis South East (2001) fields.
These discoveries have all been developed with subsea installations. Water depth is roughly 200 metres. Water injection is used to maintain pressure in the reservoirs.
The well stream from Tordis is routed through two pipelines to the Gullfaks C platform 10 kilometers away for processing, storage and export.
Subsea 7 S.A. is a seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry worldwide.
( Original Article )
- Norway: Statoil Gets Clearance to Use Island Constructor (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: EMAS Wins Gulf of Mexico Subsea Contract from BP (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Mexico: Cal Dive to Install Subsea Pipeline in Abkatun Offshore Field (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Statoil: Riserless light well intervention (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Subsea:The Riserless Light Well Intervention – (Video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Shell Perdido: The first full field subsea separation and pumping system in the Gulf of Mexico. (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Perdido Subsea System (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Goliat Field Goes Online (mb50.wordpress.com)