The survey, Patriot WAZ 3D, will be the first orthogonal WAZ survey covering a large portion of the existing Freedom WAZ data set. Following the acquisition of Patriot WAZ the data will be combined with Freedom WAZ and the resulting image will provide the industry with an additional level of subsurface clarity. Upon completion of Patriot, the TGS portfolio of WAZ coverage will exceed 39,000 km2.
“TGS is excited to resume our multi-client activity in the Gulf of Mexico and to provide the industry with modern seismic imaging in the most prolific and productive oil producing area of the deep water Gulf of Mexico. We have been active in this region of the Gulf of Mexico since 1998 and believe this data set will aid oil companies in their exploration and production needs for the area,” commented Stein Ove Isaksen, Senior VP North & South America for TGS.
The new seismic data is being acquired by a four vessel WAZ fleet. The data will be processed by TGS and preliminary products will be available to participating companies in 2013 with a final processed product expected by Q1 2014.
- Anadarko has Gulf of Mexico discovery (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Petrobras Strikes Oil in U.S. Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: The Bedford Report Releases Equity Research on BP and ATP Oil & Gas (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Gulf of Mexico: Vector Lands Cascade Chinook Field Job (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Hess to spend $2.3 billion to develop Gulf of Mexico oil field (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Genesis Energy to Buy U.S. Gulf of Mexico Pipelines from Marathon (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Bully I Makes Debut in GOM (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Wins Subsea Systems Contract from LLOG – Who Dat project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Gulf drilling, economies remain sluggish (mb50.wordpress.com)
Polarcus Limited, a Dubai-based marine geophysical company, has signed a Letter of Intent with TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company ASA (TGS) for the charter of the 12 – 14 streamer 3D seismic vessel POLARCUS AMANI. The charter, of minimum 5 months duration and subject to the execution of a service contract, will commence in April 2012 immediately after vessel delivery and shakedown.
POLARCUS AMANI is the first of two 12 – 14 streamer 3D seismic vessels ordered in November 2010 from Ulstein Verft AS of Norway. The vessels are being built to the ULSTEIN SX134 design and feature a high ice class (“ICE 1A super”), increased propulsion and other innovative efficiency enhancing features. The two newbuilds are scheduled for delivery end Q1 and end Q2 2012 respectively.
- Polarcus Alima: First Seismic Vessel to Pass along Northern Sea Route (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Russia: Putin Becomes Guardian of Seismic Vessel Vyacheslav Tikhonov (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ukraine: Zaliv Launches Ulstein Design PSV Hull (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ukraine: JSC Shipyard Zaliv Completes SX 134 Shipbuilding Project for Ulstein (mb50.wordpress.com)