Anadarko Petroleum Corporation yesterday reported the successful results of the Heidelberg-2 appraisal well, situated in Green Canyon block 903 in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, which encountered approximately 250 net feet of oil pay in high-quality Miocene sands.
The appraisal well was drilled to a total depth of 31,030 feet in approximately 5,000 feet of water, about 1.5 miles south and 550 feet structurally updip from the Heidelberg discovery well. Log and pressure data from the appraisal and discovery wells indicate excellent quality, continuous and pressure-connected reservoirs with the same high-quality oil. The initial Heidelberg discovery well was drilled in 2009 and encountered more than 200 net feet of oil pay.
“We’ve been looking forward to drilling an appraisal to our Heidelberg discovery for some time, and we could not be more pleased with the results,” said Bob Daniels, Anadarko Sr. Vice President, Worldwide Exploration. “The successful penetration of high-quality, oil-bearing sands confirmed the continuity of the reservoir, and validated our geologic model, and initial resource estimate of more than 200 million barrels of oil. We plan to immediately sidetrack the well to evaluate the down-dip extent of the field, and plan to initiate pre-FEED (front-end engineering and design) activities to prepare for sanctioning a development project.”
Anadarko operates the block with a 44.25-percent working interest. Co-owners in the block include Apache Deepwater LLC, a subsidiary of Apache Corporation (12.5-percent working interest), Eni (12.5-percent working interest), Statoil (12-percent working interest), ExxonMobil (9.375-percent working interest) and Cobalt International Energy, L.P. (9.375-percent working interest).
- Russia: LUKOIL Lays Corner Stone for Caspian Offshore Facility
- Australia: Santos’ Net Profit Rises 51 pct
- AWE Completes Acquisition of Indonesian Offshore Assets
- Australia: LogiCamms Gets Gorgon Job from Chevron
- Total Buys Stake in Three Licenses Offshore Ivory Coast
- Norway: Det Norske Aims to Submit Draupne PDO in 2012
- BP Hires Floatel Victory for Clair Ridge Development (UK)
- KS Energy Secures Rig Equipment Order from China
- Safin Gulf Orders Jack-up from Sembcorp, Singapore
- USA: Successfull Heidelberg Appraisal for Anadarko
- Anadarko Reports Successful Itaipu Appraisal, Offshore Brazil (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Anadarko Makes Substantial Gas Discovery Offshore Mozambique (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Provides Subsea Systems for Anadarko’s Lucius Field (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Anadarko Contracts ENSCO 8506 Semi (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Aker Solutions to Provide Umbilicals for Anadarko’s Lucius Development (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Anadarko, Partners Give Nod for Lucius Project in Deepwater GoM (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Anadarko has Gulf of Mexico discovery (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Inks Global Alliance Agreement with Anadarko Petroleum (mb50.wordpress.com)