Fairmount Marine’s multipurpose support vessel Fairmount Fuji has assisted drill ship Stena Icemax while making a stop-over at Cape Town. On request of the owner of Stena Icemax the Fairmount Fuji carried out several cargo runs from the port of Cape Town to the anchorage.
Stena Icemax was under way from the Far East to French Guiana and required to make a stop-over at Cape Town for crew change and replenishment. Stena Icemax is a 228 meters long new build drill ship designed for deep water operations in harsh environments.
Fairmount Fuji is a multipurpose support vessel with a spacious aft deck of 280 square meters and with towing capabilities. Directly after assisting Stena Icemax the Fairmount Fuji was prepared for her next assignment in West Africa region, where she will act as a accommodation and general support vessel for an offshore operator.
- South Africa: Fairmount Fuji Assists Stena Icemax Drill Ship (worldmaritimenews.com)
- South Korea: Stena Drilling Wins 5 Year Contract for Its Newbuild Stena IceMAX Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- French Guiana: Shell to Begin Guyane Drilling in Mid 2012 (mb50.wordpress.com)
Stena Drilling has been awarded a 5 year worldwide drilling contract by Shell for the new build Stena IceMAX. The drilling contract which is on market day rates will commence in March when the vessel is delivered from the yard in South Korea. The first assignment for the vessel will be in French Guyana.
Stena IceMAX will be the world’s first dynamically positioned, dual mast ice-class +1A1 drillship, allowing for safe and efficient operations in Arctic conditions. Stena IceMAX is currently under construction by Samsung Heavy Industries at their Geoje Shipyard in South Korea and is the fourth vessel in the Stena DrillMAX fleet.
Following their successful delivery, Stena DrillMAX, Stena Carron and Stena Forth are currently in worldwide operation. Stena IceMAX is based on the existing Stena DrillMAX vessels, providing the optimum layout/specification for a vast range of world-wide operational requirements.
Displacement (approx) – 98,000 Mt
Variable Deck Load Transit (approx) – 7,500 Mt
Variable Deck Load Drilling/Survival (approx) – 15,000 Mt
Overall length – 228.0m
Breadth, mid. – 42.0m
Depth, mid. – 19.0m
Moonpool – 25.6m x 12.5m
Transit Ice, draught – 11.0m
Transit open water, draught – 8.5m
Operation draught, mid. – 12.0m
- South Korea: SHI to Build Seventh UDW Drillship for Pacific Drilling (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Seadrill Confirms Samsung Drillships Contracts (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Pacific Drilling Extends Option for its 7th Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea’s Samsung Wins USD 1.1 bln Order for Two Drillships (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Pacific Santa Ana Drillship Hits the Water (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Pacific Scirocco Drillship Begins Work in Nigeria (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Repsol Sinopec Makes High-Impact Discovery Off Brazil (mb50.wordpress.com)