Societe Generale today said that Cheniere Energy can take a final investment decision on phase 1 of its Sabine Pass LNG export project after it has yesterday signed a supply deal with Gas Natural Fenosa, Bloomberg reported.
“This latest deal should allow construction of the liquefaction facilities, two trains capable of producing up to 9 million tons a year, at Sabine Pass to commence in 2012”, Societe Generale said in a report.
Gas Natural Fenosa has yesterday agreed to buy 3.5 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) of LNG from Cheniere Energy. The first LNG deliveries are expected to commence in 2016.
- Gas Natural Fenosa Deals with Cheniere Energy to Buy US Shale Gas Sourced LNG (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Cheniere Enters into Contract with Bechtel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Total Close to Sign Sabine Pass LNG Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Chesapeake CEO Opposes US LNG Exports (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Cheniere, BG Ink LNG Sale and Purchase Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)