Mitsui & Co., Ltd. announced that Mitsui E&P Texas LP, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsui, and SM Energy Company have closed the previously announced agreement for MEPTX to acquire a 12.5% working interest in SME’s Eagle Ford property in Texas, USA.
Mitsui has participated in shale oil/gas projects in the United States and Poland, and aims to expand its shale business into other countries leveraging its global network and the knowledge acquired through these projects.
- Halliburton: Moving Quickly on the Global Shale Boom (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Natural gas shale play development now going global (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Caddo Minerals Buying Mineral Interest in Texas, Louisiana and Kansas (prweb.com)
- Comstock Resources, Inc. Announces Acquisition in the Delaware Basin and Provides Update on Eagle Ford Shale Drilling Program (prnewswire.com)
- Industry predicts natural gas boom will fuel growth (tech.mit.edu)
- Industry study touts large economic impact of shale-gas drilling (philly.com)
- BHP places Its chips on shale gas (tradingfloor.com)
- Mozambique LNG Eyed to be Sold to Japan Market (ibtimes.com)
- Deloitte Report Examines the Future of Oil and Gas in the Middle East and Beyond (prnewswire.com)