“The Heidelberg sidetrack appraisal well was successfully drilled and defined the down-dip limits of the Heidelberg field,” said Chuck Meloy, Anadarko Sr. Vice President, Worldwide Operations. “This well extends the oil/water contact down structure by approximately 700 feet, and continues to validate the field’s estimated resource range, while providing support for the option of a stand-alone development. Anadarko and Heidelberg’s co-owners have initiated pre-FEED (front-end engineering and design) work to evaluate development solutions with the objective of advancing commercialization of this emerging mega project.”
The Heidelberg sidetrack appraisal well in Green Canyon block 903 is located approximately 1.3 miles from the Heidelberg discovery well. The well was drilled to a total depth of approximately 30,440 feet in water depths of approximately 5,260 feet.
Anadarko operates Green Canyon block 903 with a 44.25-percent working interest. Co-owners in the block include Apache Deepwater LLC, a subsidiary of Apache Corporation (12.5 percent), Eni (12.5 percent), Statoil (12 percent), ExxonMobil (9.375 percent) and Cobalt International Energy, L.P. (9.375 percent).
- USA: Successfull Heidelberg Appraisal for Anadarko (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Technip Wins Lucius Field Contract from Anadarko (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Aker Solutions to Provide Umbilicals for Anadarko’s Lucius Development (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Anadarko Strikes More Mozambique Gas (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Anadarko Contracts ENSCO 8506 Semi (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Anadarko Successful at Barquentine-4 Well, Offshore Mozambique (mb50.wordpress.com)