FMC Technologies, Inc. has exercised its purchase option for the remaining 55% of outstanding shares of Schilling Robotics LLC (“Schilling”).
FMC purchased its existing 45% interest in Schilling and obtained the purchase option in 2008.
Schilling is a leading producer of remotely operated vehicles (“ROVs”), ROV manipulator systems, control systems and other high-technology equipment and services for oil and gas subsea exploration and production. FMC and Schilling have collaborated on a variety of projects and technology advances over the past three years, including an innovative control system for Petrobras’ Congro/Corvina project that will use subsea robotics technology to operate the manifold and separation station valves.
“We are pleased that Schilling will become part of FMC,” said John Gremp, Chairman, President and CEO of FMC Technologies. “Their technologies will help us develop additional solutions to further strengthen our subsea leadership position.”
Tyler Schilling, Chairman and President of Schilling, added, “Since partnering with FMC in 2008, we have expanded our global presence and participated in some of the industry’s most innovative projects. Our employees are excited about joining FMC and the future opportunities that exist to develop subsea technologies for our customers.”
- UK: Subsea 7 Selects Schilling Robotics’ ROVs to Support its Offshore Operations
- USA: Global Industries Orders New Schilling UHD ROV
- Norway: DOF Subsea Expands its Fleet with Two Schilling Robotics’ ROVs
- USA: Schilling Robotics’ ROV Earns Prestigious Award
- USA: Schilling Robotics and Gregg Marine Successfully Complete Field Testing on New Seafloor Drill
- USA: FMC Technologies Wins Subsea Systems Contract from LLOG – Who Dat project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Inks Global Alliance Agreement with Anadarko Petroleum (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Shell Perdido: The first full field subsea separation and pumping system in the Gulf of Mexico. (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Worldwide: Project Field Development News (mb50.wordpress.com)