Pacific Drilling, a growing offshore drilling company that provides global drilling services to the oil and natural gas industry through the use of ultra-deepwater drillships announced today that the Pacific Scirocco drillship commenced operations offshore Nigeria on December 31, 2011.
The drillship is contracted for an initial one-year term to a subsidiary of a French oil and gas giant, Total S.A. The contract further provides for options, to be exercised at the client’s discretion, which could result in up to four additional years of contract term.
- Nigeria: Chevron Secures Pacific Bora Drillship for Agbami Field Development
- USA: Pacific Santa Ana Drillship Hits the Water
- Pacific Drilling Secures 1 Year Contract for Pacific Scirocco Drillship in Nigeria
- Pacific Drilling Takes Delivery of New Drillship from Samsung Heavy, South Korea
- Total Enters LOI for Use of Pacific Scirocco Drillship in Nigeria
- Pacific Scirocco Drillship Commences Operations Off Nigeria (gcaptain.com)
- USA: Busy December Ahead of Pacific Drilling’s Drillships (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Dolphin Drilling to Provide Two Drillships for Anadarko’s Mozambique Operations (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ocean Rig Bidding to Rent 5 Drillships to Petrobras, Brazil (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Drillship animation in the Gulf of Mexico (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Is the Industry Ready to Drill in the Arctic? Stena Drillmax Ice Nears Delivery (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ophir Begins with Drilling Operations Offshore Tanzania (mb50.wordpress.com)