Vantage Drilling, a Cayman Islands exempted offshore drilling contractor, reports a net loss of $10.0 million or ($0.03) per diluted share for the three months ended June 30, 2012 as compared to a net loss of $40.1 million or ($0.14) per diluted share for the three months ended June 30, 2011.
- SMU Report: Permitting delays & new regs stifling offshore drilling (mb50.wordpress.com)
Net loss for the full year, 2011 was $54.8 million, excluding approximately $25.2 million of charges for the early retirement of debt as compared to a loss of $19.8 million in the prior year period, excluding approximately $27.8 million of acquisition and refinancing charges. Including the acquisition and refinancing charges, Vantage reported a net loss $80.0 million for the full year 2011 as compared to a net loss of $47.6 million in 2010.
The company reported record revenues of $485 million for full year 2011 compared to $278 million in 2010.
Paul Bragg, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are very pleased to announce record annual revenues and income from operations. Vantage continues to deliver operational excellence. Our jackup fleet had outstanding productive time for the year in excess of 99% and the Platinum Explorer completed its initial year of operations with productive time in excess of 92%. Market conditions are improving, particularly for new, modern rigs like ours.”
Vantage, a Cayman Islands exempted company, is an offshore drilling contractor, with an owned fleet of four Baker Marine Pacific Class 375 ultra-premium jackup drilling rigs and the ultra-deepwater drillship, the Platinum Explorer, as well as an additional ultra-deepwater drillship, the Tungsten Explorer, now under construction. Vantage’s primary business is to contract drilling units, related equipment and work crews primarily on a dayrate basis to drill oil and natural gas wells. Vantage also provides construction supervision services for, and will operate and manage, drilling units owned by others. Through its fleet of seven owned and managed drilling units, Vantage is a provider of offshore contract drilling services globally to major, national and large independent oil and natural gas companies.
- USA: Pacific Santa Ana Drillship Hits the Water (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Pacific Scirocco Drillship Begins Work in Nigeria (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Seadrill Confirms Samsung Drillships Contracts (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Atwood Beacon to Drill Offshore Israel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- CGX Begins Drilling Offshore Guyana (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Aker Solutions to Open Hi-Tech Drilling Equipment Simulator in – Houston (mb50.wordpress.com)