The United States is sponsoring the construction of facilities in Georgia on the threshold of a military conflict in Iran, a member of Georgian opposition movement Public Assembly, Elizbar Javelidze has stated.
According to the academician, that explains why President Mikhail Saakashvili is roaming the republic opening new hospitals in its regions.
“These are 20-bed hospitals…It’s an American project. A big war between the US and Iran is beginning in the Persian Gulf. $5 billion was allocated for the construction of these 20-bed military hospitals,” Javelidze said in an interview with Georgian paper Kviris Kronika (News of the Week), as cited by Newsgeorgia website.
The opposition member stated that the construction is mainly paid from the American pocket.
In addition, airports are being briskly built in Georgia and there are talks of constructing a port for underwater vessels in Kulevi on the eastern Black Sea coast in Georgia.
Javelidze believes that it is all linked to the deployment of US military bases on the Georgian soil. Lazika – one of Saakashvili’s mega-projects, a new city that will be built from a scratch – will be “an American military town”. According to the politician, “a secret airdrome” has already been erected in the town of Marneuli, southern Georgia.
The opposition member wondered who would protect Georgia in case if Iran fires its missiles against US military facilities on the territory of the Caucasian state.
All in all, about 30 new hospitals and medical centers were opened in the former Soviet republic in December last year. The plan is to build over a hundred more.
As for Lazika, the Georgian president announced his ambitious idea to build a second-largest city in Georgia, its western economic and trade center, at the end of 2011. According to the plan – which was slammed by his opponents and many analysts – Saakashvili’s dream-town will become home to at least half a million people within a decade.)
- American re-arming of Georgia will spark new aggression – S. Ossetia (rt.com)
- Congrats – Biden tips his hat to Georgia trade (politico.com)
- US State Department Pressure Ended Russian Intelligence Supported Bombings in Rep of Georgia – Why not State Support of Terrorism Too? (americandefenseleague.wordpress.com)
- Georgia Wants Strategic Alliances in Russia’s Backyard (time.com)
- Georgian opposition ready for fresh fight with Saakashvili (rt.com)
- The Neocon War Against Russia (lewrockwell.com)
- Saakashvili: Hillary Saved Us (thedailybeast.com)
- Georgian billionaire enters politics to oust Saakashvili (rt.com)
- You: Georgian Opposition Says the Country’s Democracy Is Slipping (thedailybeast.com)