Polarcus Limited, a pure play marine geophysical company with a pioneering environmental agenda, specializing in high-end towed streamer data acquisition from Pole to Pole announces, has signed a Letter of Intent with an undisclosed client for a 3D seismic acquisition project offshore West Africa.
The project, to be acquired by POLARCUS SAMUR, will commence in late January and is expected to run for approximately 40 days.
Delivered Q1 2011 Polarcus Samur is an ultra-modern and Arctic-ready 8 streamer 3D vessel capable of towing both conventional and wide tow spreads, including Polarcus’ First Pass™ 3D technique requiring lateral streamer separations of 200m. Built to the ULSTEIN SX133 design and incorporating the innovative ULSTEIN X-BOW® hull, this vessel combines the latest developments in maritime systems with the most advanced seismic and source technol-ogy commercially available. The vessel is also amongst the most environmentally sound seismic vessels in the market with diesel-electric propulsion, high specification catalytic convertors, a double hull and advanced ballast water treatment / bilge water cleaning systems. The vessel complies with the stringent DNV CLEAN DESIGN notation.
- Polarcus Nadia Set for West Africa Work
- Polarcus in North West Africa Seismic Survey Project
- UAE: Polarcus Takes Delivery of New Ultra-Modern 3D Seismic Vessel
- UAE: Polarcus Takes Delivery of 3D Seismic Vessel Polarcus Alima
- Polarcus Bags Another Survey Job, Offshore West Africa
- Polarcus Nadia Set for West Africa Work (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Polarcus Alima: First Seismic Vessel to Pass along Northern Sea Route (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ship Photo of the Day: Giant Motor-Driven Canoe? (gcaptain.com)