McDermott International, Inc. announced today that one of its subsidiaries has been awarded a contract by the Discovery system for offshore facilities in the Gulf of Mexico. The value of this contract is included in McDermott’s second quarter 2012 backlog.
Williams Partners L.P.owns 60 percent of the Discovery system and operates it. DCP Midstream Partners, LP owns the other 40 percent of the Discovery system.
The project is to deliver new junction facilities for Discovery’s Keathley Canyon Connector™ pipeline system with a 3,300-ton, four-leg platform in 350 feet of water. The unmanned platform will provide pipeline junction facilities for incoming deepwater pipelines from the Hadrian South and Lucius fields and for outgoing shallow-water pipelines to shore.
Fabrication is expected to commence this summer at McDermott’s Morgan City facility in Louisiana. Offshore installation is expected to commence during the third quarter of 2013, and is intended to be ready for operational start-up before the end of the year.
McDermott’s deepwater combination heavy lift and pipelay vessel DB50 is expected to perform the installation. The DB50 has recently undergone extensive enhancement to its power and propulsion systems, and has a new deepwater lowering system.
- Noble’s New Drillship Enters Three-Year Contract in GoM (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA-GOM: Galapagos Production Rates Above Forecast (mb50.wordpress.com)
- GoM Lease Sale: Apache Expands Presence in Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Houston, Texas: Deep Down Receives Multiple Services Contracts (mb50.wordpress.com)
Oceanteam Shipping ASA has announced that it’s new Lay Vessel, CSV North Ocean 105 which is jointly owned with J Ray McDermott (Norway) AS, has been delivered on time and has immediately commenced a five year time charter. The company’s fleet of CSVs now consists of four partially owned North Ocean Series concept vessels.
‘’We are very pleased with this successful delivery and the fact that the vessel starts to work for the Owners at once. The yard, McDermott and OTS have capitalized on our joint experience with this vessel series, says CEO of Oceanteam Shipping, Haico Halbesma’’
The five year time charter is with Eastern Marine Services Inc. a 100% subsidiary of McDermott. The vessel has been built and delivered by Metalships in Vigo, Spain.
The North Ocean 105 is the fifth vessel to be delivered with this concept developed by Oceanteam Shipping. The North Ocean series is one of the most advanced, able and successful, high-end Construction Support Vessel series to date. The series’ proven quality for advanced deepwater operations under the most demanding and harsh conditions has set a new industry standard.
Lay Vessel North Ocean 105 is the second vessel within the McDermott fleet of the North Ocean Series which is jointly owned.
CSV North Ocean 102, with its 7,000 tons horizontal lay system, has been working successfully on numerous McDermott projects since August 2010. Before delivery to McDermott the vesselwith successfully performed the Statoil Gjoia Power Cable installation and the BritNed interconnector powercable for ABB.
Facts: Lay Vessel North Ocean 105
Lay Vessel North Ocean 105 will be mobilized further by McDermott with an advanced 440 tons top tension vertical reel system for rigid and flexible pipelay for depths of up to 3,000 meters. The reel pay load will be a maximum of 2,975 tons in combination with a pipelay tower with 440 tons tensioner. In addition comes two A&R winch systems with capacity of 496 tons and 165 tons respectively.
The vessel has a length (LOA) of 145 meters, a beam of 27 meters, and has over 10,000 tons of deadweight with two portside AHC cranes installed of 440 tons and 110 tons for subsea lifts and construction support.
- Spain: Ibercisa Provides Deck Machinery for McDermott’s Vessel North Ocean V (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Halliburton Charters Island Captain for UK Operation (mb50.wordpress.com)
- STX OSV Adds to their Backlog, DOF ASA Sends Newbuild Order for Subsea Construction Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- McDermott signs agreement for spool base services in Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)