Sanctions imposed against Iran will not affect the IP gas pipeline project and therefore Pakistan will continue to pursue it, Pakistan’s Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources Asim Hussain said.
He went on to say that, Pakistan is determined to complete the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline despite the sanction imposed against Iran, IRNA reported.
According to a statement issued by Pakistan’s Ministry for Petroleum and Natural Resources, Pakistan needs to meet its energy demands immediately and for this, all options are to be availed.
Based on agreement between the two countries, Iran agreed to export 21.5 million cubic meters of natural gas daily, 7.8 billion cubic meters annually.
- Pakistan Wants IP Project on Fast Track
- Pakistan Requests More Iranian Gas
- Pakistan Says IP Gas Pipe Project Priority
- Iran-Pakistan Gas Pipeline Project to Boost Local Economy
- Chinese Companies Should Invest in Iran-Pakistan Gas Pipeline
- The Pakistan-Iran pipedream (therearenosunglasses.wordpress.com)
An ultra-deepwater rig leased by Anadarko Petroleum Corp is no longer heading to Brazil, according to rig owner Transocean Ltd . A source familiar with the matter said last month that Anadarko was considering the sale of some assets in Brazil, which include some deepwater prospects.
Transocean said on Monday its Deepwater Millennium rig would now remain off Ghana at a rate of $576,000 per day through this month, with the rest of its Anadarko contract through July 2013 now up in the air.
“Subsequent operating location is yet to be determined, and the dayrate under the contract could change depending on the country of future operations,” Transocean said in its latest fleet status report.
The Millennium had been set to move to Brazil in July to work on a daily rate of $561,000, according to Transocean’s July fleet status report.
- Tullow Strikes Oil at Enyenra Well, Offshore Ghana (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ghana: Seadrill Inks One-Year Contract for Ultra-Deepwater Newbuild West Leo (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Anadarko, Apache and Noble Energy Hire ENSCO 8505 Rig (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Drillship animation in the Gulf of Mexico (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)