The planned start-up of the intervention work is in November 2011, and the estimated duration is up to and including May 2012.
Island Constructor (pictured) is a well intervention facility operated by Island Offshore Management AS.
- Re-inventing subsea intervention to keep economics above water (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Statoil Signs Energy Partneship Agreement with UT (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway’s Biggest Oil Find Since ’80s Sends Lundin to Record (businessweek.com)
- Norway oil, gas find may be its third biggest (theglobeandmail.com)
- Statoil: Riserless light well intervention (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: DeepOcean AS’ Secures Contract for Edda Flora Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norwegian giant in it for the long haul with Texas shale venture (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Statoil announces huge North Sea oil discovery (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
Lundin Petroleum AB (Lundin Petroleum) announced that drilling of the exploration well Mindou Marine-1, located offshore in Block Marine XI Congo-Brazzaville, has commenced.
The planned depth is approximately 3400 metres below mean sea level and the well will be drilled by using the semi-submersible drilling rig ENSCO 5003. The drilling operation is expected to take 50 days.
The well is targeting a pre-salt Toca formation carbonate reservoir within a combination structural and stratigraphic trap. This well will fulfill the Phase II drilling commitment on the licence and is the first of a two to three well programme on blocks Marine XI and XIV.
Lundin Petroleum has an 18.75 percent working interest in the licence which is operated by SOCO International.
Lundin Petroleum is a Swedish independent oil and gas exploration and production company with a well balanced portfolio of world-class assets in Europe, South East Asia, Russia and Africa. The Company is listed at the NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm (ticker “LUPE”) and at the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) (ticker “LUP”). Lundin Petroleum has proven and probable reserves of 187 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMboe).
- Lundin Petroleum Spuds Exploration Well Offshore Congo (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Lundin set to upgrade Avaldsnes resource estimate (norwayexploration.wordpress.com)
- Further Lundin success in Avaldsnes (norwayexploration.wordpress.com)
- Lundin Petroleum Announces Spudding Of 16/2-9S Well In Aldous Major North (norwayexploration.wordpress.com)
- Lundin announces oil discovery at Earb South Prospect in PL505 (norwayexploration.wordpress.com)
- Statoil announces huge North Sea oil discovery (seattlepi.com)
- Recap: Worldwide Field Development Jan 6 – Jan 12, 2012 (mb50.wordpress.com)