The second largest shipbuilder in the world, Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering, Co, announces that it has received an order to construct a giant Floating Production Storage and Offloading vessel (FPSO).
Daewoo made the announcement on the Korea Exchange, saying that the estimated worth of the project is $2 billion.
The FPSO will serve for offshore storage and export of condensate from the Ichthys field. The condensate will be transferred from the CPF to the FPSO and, further, it will be exported from the FPSO via a floating loading hose to offtake tankers.
The vessel will also treat and dispose of produced water. It will be located approximately 2 km from the Central Processing Facilitiy and will contain liquid (condensate and water) treatment facilities, living quarters and associated utilities.
South Korea’s shipbuilders have benefited greatly from the INPEX’s Ichthys project. Samsung Heavy Industries Co Ltd has recently received a $2.71 billion order for the construction of an offshore central processing facility (CPF) for the Ichthys project.
- Australia: Heerema Wins Subsea Installation Contract for Ichthys Project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Australia: Technip Wins Wheatstone Platform Design Contract from DSME (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ichthys: The Largest Subsea Gig for McDermott (Australia) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- European Client Cancels Order, Says DSME (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Australia: Saipem Lands Ichthys LNG Work (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Singapore: Dyna-Mac Receives LOIs from Leading FPSO Operators (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Total and Inpex Launch $34 Billion Ichthys LNG Project Offshore Northwestern Australia (gcaptain.com)
- UK: Largest Contract in Odfjell Drilling’s History (mb50.wordpress.com)
The order’s estimated value is approximately USD 1.1 billion and it comes from a “large-scale” American corporation. According to the contract details posted on the Korea Exchange (KRX), SHI will make the deliveries no later than August 31, 2014.
This has been a fruitful month for Samsung Heavy Industries. On February 13, the company announced it had received the order from INPEX for the construction of an offshore central processing facility (CPF) for the Ichthys LNG project in Australia.
- South Korea: Pacific Drilling Extends Option for its 7th Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Dolphin Drilling to Provide Two Drillships for Anadarko’s Mozambique Operations (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korean Hyundai Heavy Delivers Deepsea Metro II Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Is the Industry Ready to Drill in the Arctic? Stena Drillmax Ice Nears Delivery (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Deepsea Metro II Drillship Arrives in South Africa (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Israel: DSME Signs Tamar Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- China: COSCO Orders Ellis’ Cleats for New Drillship ‘Dalian Developer’ (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Busy December Ahead of Pacific Drilling’s Drillships (mb50.wordpress.com)