Rialto Energy Limited reports that a block‐wide, full‐fold 3D seismic survey covering 891km2 has been completed over Block CI‐202 (Rialto 85% and Operator) with Dubai-based contractor Polarcus DMCC.
Processing and interpretation of the newly acquired data will commence shortly and will provide Rialto with a full suite of 3D data over the entirety of Block CI‐202.
This will allow Rialto to further refine existing interpretation and mapping of the exploration potential within Block CI‐202 through better definition and mapping of the multiple prospects and leads already identified. Further, this work will provide an even greater understanding of the 5 existing discoveries and culminate in better definition of these existing resources.
Block CI‐202, offshore Côte d’Ivoire comprises an area of 675km2 and contains four significant underappraised oil and gas discoveries; Gazelle, Hippo‐1, Bubale, and Addax, all located in water depths of 50 to 100 metres. These discoveries are assessed to have mean contingent resources totalling 50 mmbbls of liquids and 396 Bcf of gas. Rialto is moving to develop and commercialise the Gazelle field later this year. In addition to the development opportunities which exist within CI‐202, the Company has identified an exciting inventory of exploration prospects and leads which will be the subject of future drilling.
- Rialto Gets USD 20 Million Boost for Drilling Program Offshore Ivory Coast
- Ivory Coast: Fast Track for Gazelle
- Peru: Gold Oil Receives Encouraging Seismic Results. Farm Out Scheduled for February 2012
- Ivory Coast: Rialto, Petroci Submit Gazelle Field Development Plan
- Morocco: Tangiers Excited about Tarfaya Block Potential
- Polarcus Nadia Set for West Africa Work (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Polarcus Alima: First Seismic Vessel to Pass along Northern Sea Route (mb50.wordpress.com)