Tug Fairmount Summit has delivered the new build drilling rig ODN Delba III safely from the Persian Gulf to a location offshore Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The total voyage over a distance of 10,625 miles was performed with an average speed of 6.0 knots.
Odebrecht contracted Fairmount Marine to tow ODN Delba III from Muscat, Oman, to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. For this job the Fairmount Summit was mobilized to the Persian Gulf. During the towage at a stop- over at Cape Town, South Africa, some cargo runs were performed by the also contracted Fairmount Fuji. This multi-purpose DSV/supply vessel had just returned to Cape Town after a survey job on the Atlantic Ocean. The towage of ODN Delba III was Fairmount Marine’s second successful operation for Odebrecht in a short period. Earlier Fairmount Marine performed the towage of semi submersible drilling rig Norbe VI, a sister unit of ODN Delba II, for Odebrecht.
Fairmount Marine is a marine contractor for ocean towage and heavy lift transportation, headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Fairmount’s fleet of tugs consists of five modern super tugs of 205 tons bollard pull each, especially designed for long distance towing, and a multipurpose support vessel. Fairmount Marine is part of Louis Dreyfus Armateurs Group.
- Corpus Christi, TX / Spain: Fairmount Marine Delivers Topside for Castor Project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Dutch Fairmount Escorts Scarabeo 9 Rig around the Cape of Good Hope, South Africa (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Technip, Odebrecht Joint Venture Lands $1B Petrobas Contract (gcaptain.com)
- CGX Begins Drilling Offshore Guyana (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Brazil: Petrobras Agrees Contracts for 26 Drilling Rigs (mb50.wordpress.com)