Eidesvik has entered into an agreement with Lunding Norway for chartering of the LNG powered supply vessel Viking Prince, which will be delivered from Kleven Verft 30th of March 2012.
Viking Prince will replace Viking Athene in the existing contract between the two parties from the time of delivery, which means that Viking Athene will be released from duty from the same date.
The original contract was firm for 4 drilling wells, with charterer’s option for another 6 wells. At the time Viking Prince commences the contract, Lundin is near the completion of the 2nd well.
“We are excited over the fact that the vessel will commence a contract from the time of delivery. It is delightful to see another operator on the shelf start using LNG powered supply vessels. For us it is satisfactory to be in the position to offer a vessel of the highest quality to a fast developing operator with an exciting future,” says CEO Jan Fredrik Meling in a comment.
- Turkey: Tersan Shipyard Splashes Multipurpose Offshore Construction Vessel Grand Canyon (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Finland: Wartsila to Provide Propulsion for Harvey’s New LNG OSVs (mb50.wordpress.com)
- LNG shipping boom not running out any time soon (business.financialpost.com)
- Rolls-Royce To Deliver World’s First 100% LNG-Powered Tugboat (mb50.wordpress.com)
Finland-based Wärtsilä, the marine industry’s leading gas solutions provider, has been awarded a contract to deliver an integrated propulsion system for two additional LNG offshore support vessels (OSV) to Harvey Gulf International Marine.
The order, placed last week, takes Harvey Gulf to a fleet of four LNG OSVs on order, establishing the company as the world’s second largest operator of LNG powered OSVs. Wärtsilä will deliver an integrated system that includes the dual-fuel machinery, electrical and automation package, complete propulsion, and also the LNG fuel storage and gas conditioning system. The LNG storage capacity provides for more than a week of vessel operational time.
Harvey Gulf CEO Shane J. Guidry, says, “Harvey Gulf’s decision to become the leader in Clean Gulf of Mexico operations has been enthusiastically accepted by oil company executives, and was the impetus for adding two additional LNG dual-fuel vessels to the fleet. These vessels, like their two sisterships, will meet the highest emission standards that exist today – and even higher standards that haven’t been created yet. We recognize the strong stance on environmental protection by the administration in the wake of the oil spill, and are doing our part to respond to it and provide our customers support for their environmental commitments.”
“Harvey Gulf’s original order of complete integrated solutions from Wärtsilä has facilitated the development of an excellent working relationship between Harvey Gulf, STX USA Marine, Trinity Offshore and Wärtsilä. The challenges of bringing a new technology to the US market are being met effectively, and this strong teamwork between suppliers will ensure that Harvey Gulf is delivered state-of-the-art vessels that provide clean, safe, efficient, reliable and competitive operations. This order for two additional LNG powered vessels further demonstrates that Harvey Gulf is an industry leader and that the move to LNG as a marine fuel in the US has begun,” states Pete Jacobs, Business Development Manager, Offshore at Wärtsilä North America.
“We are witnessing a true paradigm change, and it’s a very exciting time for LNG fuelled vessels in the Gulf of Mexico. Millennia ago the shift was oar to sail, two centuries ago it was sail to steam, a century ago steam to diesel, and now it’s a new era for gas. We are pleased to continue as a partner with Harvey Gulf as they reaffirm their commitment by adding more safe and clean LNG fuelled vessels to their modern fleet,” adds John Hatley, Vice President Ship Power, Wärtsilä North America.
- Finland: Wartsila to Provide Propulsion for Harvey’s New LNG OSVs
- USA: CSI Becoming Part of FMC Technologies
- BP Hires PSV ‘Sea Brasil’
- OBC Contract for RXT (Norway)
- Norway Approves Jette Development
- Russia: LUKOIL Lays Corner Stone for Caspian Offshore Facility
- Australia: Santos’ Net Profit Rises 51 pct
- AWE Completes Acquisition of Indonesian Offshore Assets
- Australia: LogiCamms Gets Gorgon Job from Chevron
- Total Buys Stake in Three Licenses Offshore Ivory Coast
- USA: Harvey Orders More LNG OSVs from Trinity (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Harvey Gulf Orders CAT DEP Generators for SV-310 Offshore Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Eastern Shipbuilding Hands Over OSV HARVEY SUPPORTER (mb50.wordpress.com)
- LNG Fueled Ships: Recent Technical and Regulatory Developments (gcaptain.com)
Mario Kerssens has joined the CargoMaxx team at Van Aalst Offshore & Marine, inventors of the multi application tank system CargoMaxx, as Manager Business Development, starting the 1st of January 2012.
After serving the shipping and offshore industry for more than 20 years in senior sales, marketing and business development positions at Dockwise, Fairmount, Sealift and Fairstar, his latest role has been with FG International Holland BV, the Dutch Special Lifting company, that recently teamed up with Linjebygg Offshore from Norway under the new name LBO International.
At Van Aalst his focus will be on the market development of the successfully introduced CargoMaxx handling system for combined liquid and dry bulk on board platform supply vessels, anchor handling vessels, mobile offshore drilling units and fixed platforms.
Supported by orders triggered by oil and gas giants Statoil and Petrobras, this innovative system is, according to Van Aalst, set to revolutionize the logistics involved with amongst others drill cuttings in an environmentally smarter way than the present outdated industry standards.
- Singapore: ASL Marine Secures New Order for Nine AHTSV Units
- Havila Shipping Enters Long Term Charter Contract for Havila Subsea Vessel (Norway)
- Finland: Cargotec Signs EUR 10 million Order for MacGregor Anchor-handling Systems
- Finland: Proven Anchor-handling Capabilities Secure New Orders for Cargotec
- Norway: Havila Shipping to Finance Havila Subsea Vessel through Bond Issue
- Norway: Greenland Group to Supply PetroFlame for Island Innovator Rig (mb50.wordpress.com)
- PSA Norway Approves Manned Underwater Ops (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Bourbon Offshore Takes Delivery of Ulstein PX105 Design PSV (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Aker Solutions to Open Hi-Tech Drilling Equipment Simulator in – Houston (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Island Offshore Charters Two Vessels to Schlumberger (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: STX OSV to Build 4 PSVs for Island Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)