Two Offshore Support Vessels (OSVs) of 310 Class, have been ordered by Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS) from Eastern Shipbuilding Group, Inc. seated in Panama City, FL, Marinelog writes.
The vessels will be DP-2 classed and incorporate the STX Marine SV 310 design.
With this order Eastern Shipbuilding Group now has 10 vessels under contract with HOS.
Hornbeck Offshore Services, one of the leading providers of Support Vessels for offshore oil and gas industry, primarily in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, recently signed as shipbuilding contract ordering six OSVs from Bollinger Shipyard.
HOS announced construction of two additional OSVs from 320 Class, thus exercising an option for extended order from a previously signed contract, assigned to VT Halter Marine Inc.
- USA: Bollinger Shipyards Secures Contract for Six OSV Conversions (worldmaritimenews.com)
- Bollinger Shipyards Chosen to Stretch Six OSV’s For Hornbeck (gcaptain.com)
Eastern Shipbuilding Group has delivered the HARVEY SUPPORTER, the first of three (3) 292 ft. Tiger Shark Class Offshore Support Vessels for Harvey Gulf International Marine, LLC.
The HARVEY SUPPORTER is an STX Marine design featuring a DP II SOLAS-classed AC diesel-electric, twin Z-drive Offshore Support Vessel measuring 292’ X 64’ X 24’-6”. Power and propulsion systems, controls, automation, etc. are provided by the system integrator, Converteam, Inc. This high-tech vessel features four Cummins QSK60-DM 16-cylinder turbo-charged Tier II diesel generator engines that are rated 1825 Kw at 1,800 rpm. Main propulsion is provided by two Schottel SRP 2020 FP Z-drives with nozzles rated at 2,500 Kw at 1,025 rpm each for a total of 6,704 hp. Schottel also provided two STT 4 fixed pitch tunnel thrusters rated at 1,180 Kw at 1,170 rpm each with direct coupled electric motors. The vessel is capable of top speeds in access of 12 knots.
- USA: Eastern Shipbuilding Group Delivers Tiger Shark Class PSV to Aries Marine
- USA: Thrustmaster to Deliver Propulsion System for Two PSVs
- USA: Caterpillar Marine to Provide Four Cat 3516C DEP Generator Sets for MPSV
- Brazil: Caterpillar Wins Contract to Power 16 Offshore Supply Vessels
- Harvey Gulf International Authorizes Construction of First United States Flagged LNG OSV
Other Related articles
- USA: Harvey Gulf Orders CAT DEP Generators for SV-310 Offshore Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- China: Sinopacific Group Delivers Ulstein Design OSV to Neptune Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: STX OSV to Build 4 PSVs for Island Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Hornbeck Announces Construction Contracts in $720m Newbuild Program (gcaptain.com)
- Wärtsilä To Supply Propulsion Equipment For First U.S.-Flagged LNG-Powered OSV’s (gcaptain.com)
- USA: Hornbeck Plans to Build Sixteen New Generation Offshore Supply Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ukraine: Zaliv Launches Ulstein Design PSV Hull (mb50.wordpress.com)