Dolphin Drilling Ltd., said on Friday it has entered into contracts with Anadarko Petroleum for the provision of the drillship Belford Dolphin and its newbuild drillship under construction by Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI).
The contracts are each for four years and are expected to be in support of Anadarko’s future long term drilling programmes offshore Mozambique.
The Belford Dolphin contract will commence January 1st 2012 in direct continuation of its existing contract with Anadarko which had previously been scheduled to continue to April 2013. The value for the Belford Dolphin contract is approximately $701 million.
The four year term of the newbuild drillship contact cewill begin on commencement of operations offshore Mozambique expected in the fourth quarter 2013 following delivery by HHI and mobilization to Mozambique. The newbuild drillship contract value is approximately $727 million including a mobilization fee of $15 million. In connection with the newbuild contract it will be invested in a second BOP, estimated to USD 35 million.
- South Korea: Naming Ceremony for Odfjell Drilling’s New UDW Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Deepwater Millenium Drillship Not Moving to Brazil. Stays in Ghana (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Rowan Companies Inc, Announces Option to Build GustoMSC Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ocean Rig Bidding to Rent 5 Drillships to Petrobras, Brazil (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Drillship animation in the Gulf of Mexico (video) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Tullow Strikes Oil at Enyenra Well, Offshore Ghana (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Anadarko, Apache and Noble Energy Hire ENSCO 8505 Rig (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Inauguration of Noble Globetrotter I at Schiendam, the Netherlands (mb50.wordpress.com)