FMC Technologies, Inc. announced today that it has signed a contract with BP for the manufacture and supply of subsea equipment to support the Mad Dog Phase 2 field development.
The Mad Dog Phase 2 field development is located near Green Canyon Block 825 of the Gulf of Mexico, 150 miles (240 kilometers) south of New Orleans in about 5,100 feet (1,550 meters) of water. Under the initial contract, FMC Technologies will supply subsea trees, manifolds, and jumper equipment.
“Mad Dog Phase 2 is the first project awarded under our global agreement with BP to provide technologies and services for their worldwide subsea development projects,” said Tore Halvorsen , FMC Technologies’ Senior Vice President, Subsea Technologies. “We have a long history of supporting BP’s global offshore technology requirements, and today’s announcement expands our support of their Gulf of Mexico projects.”
Technip was awarded a front end engineering design (FEED) contract by BP Exploration & Production Inc. This contract covers the design of a Spar hull and mooring systems for the Mad Dog Phase 2 Project, located near Green Canyon Block 825 in the Gulf of Mexico.
This first award comes under the framework of the 10-year Spar platform master services agreement signed in 2011.
The Mad Dog Phase 2 Spar will be located near the first Mad Dog Spar delivered by Technip for BP in 2004, and installed on Green Canyon 782. Detailed engineering for the new Spar is scheduled to start during the second half of 2012.
- Technip Wins Lucius Field Contract from Anadarko (mb50.wordpress.com)
- ExxonMobil Awards Technip GoM Subsea Contract (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Huisman to Build 500mt Yard Crane and 150mt Flexlay System for Technip (France) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Technip Rings Tubular Bells (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Australia: Technip Wins Wheatstone Platform Design Contract from DSME (mb50.wordpress.com)