October 26, 2012 – 9:50 am
If you don’t get torches-and-pitchforks irate about this, you are not an American:
The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Specter gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours — enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.
There were two AC-130Us deployed to Libya in March as part of Operation Unified Protector.
The AC-130U is a very effective third-generation fire-support aircraft, capable of continuous and extremely accurate fire onto multiple targets. It has been used numerous times in Iraq and Afghanistan to save pinned-down allied forces, and has even been credited with the surrender of the Taliban city of Kunduz
It was purpose-built for a select number of specific mission types, including point-defense against enemy attack. It was literally built for the kind of mission it could have engaged in over Benghazi, if the administration had let it fire. As the excerpt above clearly shows, we had assets on the ground “painting” the targets with the laser.
An AC-130U flies in a counter-clockwise “pivot turn” around the target, with the weapons all aimed out the left side of the aircraft.
There are two state-of-the-art fire-control systems (FCSs) in a AC-130U, using television sensors,infrared sensors, and synthetic aperture strike radar. These fire control systems can see through the dark of night, clouds, and smoke.
The two FCSs on the AC-130U control a 25mm Gatling gun for area suppression, a precision 40mm cannon, and a 105mm cannon which can engage hard targets.
What this means is that we have the forces in the air and on the ground to have stopped the attack at any point, eliminating the terrorists and saving American lives.
- AC-130U Gunship was On-Scene in Benghazi, Obama Admin Refused to Let It Fire (pjmedia.com)
- IT JUST GETS WORSE: AC-130U Gunship was On-Scene in Benghazi, Obama Admin Refused to Let It Fire. Ev… (pjmedia.com)
- Obama Ordered That The Men In Benghazi Be Left To Die (treeofmamre.wordpress.com)
- Worse and Worse (youviewedblog.wordpress.com)
- Fox News EXCLUSIVE: CIA Operators Were Denied Request for Help During Benghazi Attack (Video) (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Bombshell! Did White House call off airstrike in Benghazi? (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- AC130 Spectre was Overhead, Obama REfused to Let it Fire! (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- U.S. amassing Special Operations planes, gunships in the Mediterranean area (theaviationist.com)