Deep Down, Inc., an oilfield services company specializing in complex deepwater and ultra-deepwater oil production distribution system support services recently announced they have received multiple contracts from an international operator and a major international controls manufacturer for the manufacture of flying leads and associated services worth in excess of $2.3 million; pending finalization of engineering design for one of the projects.
The first contract is for additional flying leads, equipment and services in support of a project located offshore Ghana, West Africa with delivery scheduled in the third quarter 2012. The second contract, which is also scheduled for delivery in the third quarter 2012, is for installation on a project in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. The third contract is for a project on the Northwest coast of Australia, with delivery scheduled the first quarter 2013. The latter is a first-of-its-kind deployment with five electrical quads which integrate into the loose steel-tube flying lead (LSFL) bundle with end terminations serving as mini umbilical termination assemblies (UTAs). This configuration was chosen for its superior handling characteristics, as well as installation efficiency; a key advantage is that installation can be achieved with a single ROV assisted lay down instead of multiple lay downs.
Ron Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Deep Down, Inc. stated, “These awards reaffirm the efforts Deep Down has put into our flying leads to provide our customers with quality, affordability and most importantly, a more efficient and safer installation solution.”
Deep Down, Inc. is an oilfield services company serving the worldwide offshore exploration and production industry. Deep Down’s proven services and technological solutions include distribution system installation support and engineering services, umbilical terminations, loose-tube steel flying leads, distributed and drill riser buoyancy, ROVs and tooling, marine vessel automation, control, and ballast systems. Deep Down supports subsea engineering, installation, commissioning, and maintenance projects through specialized, highly experienced service teams and engineered technological solutions. The company’s primary focus is on more complex deepwater and ultra-deepwater oil production distribution system support services and technologies, used between the platform and the wellhead.
- Maersk Bags Gulf of Mexico Contract for Its Under-Construction Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Noble’s New Drillship Enters Three-Year Contract in GoM (mb50.wordpress.com)
Deep Down, Inc. , an oilfield services company specializing in complex deepwater and ultra-deepwater oil production distribution system support services, today announced it has been awarded multiple contracts for subsea hardware and deployment equipment orders worth in excess of $2.6 million.
Two orders were placed by a major controls OEM and the third order placed by an international installation contractor.
Deep Down, Inc. will be manufacturing Umbilical Termination Assemblies (UTA), Flying Leads, Umbilical Termination Heads (UTH), Rapid Deployment Cartridges, Moray® and Flying Lead Deployment Frames; the majority of the work is scheduled to be completed in the first quarter 2012, with the remainder completed in the beginning of the second quarter 2012. The products and equipment will be used on three international projects in the Far East and Mediterranean and one project in the Gulf of Mexico.
The patent-pending Moray® Termination System contains a light-weight and compact termination head and very flexible steel tube bundle allowing for easy make up of the heads by the ROV on the ocean floor.
Ron Smith, Chief Executive Officer stated, “These awards continue to build upon Deep Down’s expansion into the international oil and gas market. Deep Down continues to gain recognition outside of the Gulf of Mexico as a solution provider. By working with our customers, we are able to provide them with innovative cost effective solutions for their offshore projects.”
- USA: Deep Down Receives Two LSFL Orders
- USA: Deep Down Lands Two Carousel Orders
- USA: Drilling Moratorium Has No Material Negative Impact on Deep Down Inc.
- USA: Deep Down Inc. Begins Construction of New Carousel System
- Australia: Oceaneering Announces BHP Billiton Umbilical and Distribution Equipment Contract
- Ichthys: The Largest Subsea Gig for McDermott (Australia) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- UK: Aker Solutions to Supply Subsea Modules for Western Isles Project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Provides Subsea Systems for Anadarko’s Lucius Field (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Shell Awards Subsea 7 with Two Gulf of Mexico Contracts (mb50.wordpress.com)
- UK: Key Oil Majors, Plexus Team Up to Develop New Subsea Wellhead (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Shell Sets World Record for Deepest Subsea O&G Well at Perdido Development (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Wins Subsea Systems Contract from LLOG – Who Dat project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Inks Global Alliance Agreement with Anadarko Petroleum (mb50.wordpress.com)
A naming/launching ceremony was held on November 15 in STX OSV shipyard in Niteroi, Brazil.
The vessel is of STX 09 CD design, 87,9 meters long with ability to accommodate a crew of 26.
To see the vessel launching ceremony please follow the enclosed link.
- Norway: STX OSV to Build 4 PSVs for Island Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- India: Cochin Shipyard Names Two Platform Supply Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Wartsila Wins LNG Propulsion Equipment Contract for Offshore Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)