STX OSV Holdings Limited (“STX OSV”), one of the major global designers and shipbuilders of offshore and specialized vessels, announced that it has secured new contracts for the construction of four Platform Supply Vessels (PSV) for Island Offshore.
The combined value of all four contracts exceeds NOK 1 billion. The first two contracts are expected to become effective in November 2011, and the remaining two in January 2012. All four contracts are subject to financing approvals.
Deliveries are scheduled from STX OSV Brevik in Norway in the third and fourth quarter 2013 respectively for the first two vessels, and in the first quarter 2014 for the other two vessels. The hulls of the vessels will be delivered from STX OSV Braila in Romania.
The Island Offshore Group is a leading provider of services to the offshore industry managing a fleet of 20 high quality vessels with an average age of less than four years, currently operating in Brazil, Mexico, USA and in the North Sea. STX OSV has delivered more than 25 vessels to Island Offshore over the past ten years, and already has four vessels under construction for this long-standing client prior to securing the new contracts.
- Westshore Shipbrokers: A Closer Look at Vessel Scrapping and Attrition in the OSV Market (mb50.wordpress.com)
- China: Sinopacific Group Delivers Ulstein Design OSV to Neptune Offshore (mb50.wordpress.com)
- India: Cochin Shipyard Names Two Platform Supply Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- STX Finland Inks Contract with Eide Marine Services for Two Well Intervention Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Bourbon Offshore Takes Delivery of Ulstein PX105 Design PSV (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Wartsila Wins LNG Propulsion Equipment Contract for Offshore Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Harvey Gulf BOD Approves Construction of LNG-Fueled Offshore Supply Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Westshore Shipbrokers: Ultra-Deepwater, What is Next for the Shipowner? (Brazil) (mb50.wordpress.com)
The vessel features an overall length of 88.80m, breadth of 19.00m, DWT of 4250T, and maximum speed of 15.5 knots. Bourbon Front is designed with a hotel complement with permanent capacity for 25 persons.
The hull with ULSTEIN X-BOW® combined with diesel-electric propulsion systems ensure outstanding performances with regards to fuel consumption, sea-keeping, station-keeping, speed and cargo capacity.
The cargo system ensures safe and efficient loading and discharging of the vessels. The Multi Application Cargo Solution (MACS) and product tank configurations give a major increase and flexibility in cargo capacity.
ULSTEIN PX105 is designed to minimize the environmental impact and built according to Det Norske Veritas CLEAN DESIGN class notation. Catalytic reactors for minimum NOX emissions are installed. The vessel has a Green Passport complying with IMO ship recycling recommendations.
- Norway: Ulstein Launches New Platform Supply Vessel for Blue Ship Invest (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ukraine: Zaliv Launches Ulstein Design PSV Hull (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Polarcus Nadia Set for West Africa Work (mb50.wordpress.com)