Posted by mb50
Sat, 01 Sep 2012 01:33 CDT
The first ever GAO (Government Accountability Office) audit of the Federal Reserve was carried out in the past few months due to the Ron Paul, Alan Grayson Amendment to the Dodd-Frank bill, which passed last year. Jim DeMint, a Republican Senator, and Bernie Sanders, an independent Senator, led the charge for a Federal Reserve audit in the Senate, but watered down the original language of the house bill(HR1207), so that a complete audit would not be carried out.
Ben Bernanke (pictured to the right), Alan Greenspan, and various other bankers vehemently opposed the audit and lied to Congress about the effects an audit would have on markets. Nevertheless, the results of the first audit in the Federal Reserve’s nearly 100 year history were posted on Senator Sander’s webpage earlier this morning.
What was revealed in the audit was startling:
$16,000,000,000,000.00 had been secretly given out to US banks and corporations and foreign banks everywhere from France to Scotland. From the period between December 2007 and June 2010, the Federal Reserve had secretly bailed out many of the world’s banks, corporations, and governments. The Federal Reserve likes to refer to these secret bailouts as an all-inclusive loan program, but virtually none of the money has been returned and it was loaned out at 0% interest. Why the Federal Reserve had never been public about this or even informed the United States Congress about the $16 trillion dollar bailout is obvious – the American public would have been outraged to find out that the Federal Reserve bailed out foreign banks while Americans were struggling to find jobs.
To place $16 trillion into perspective, remember that GDP of the United States is only $14.12 trillion. The entire national debt of the United States government spanning its 200+ year history is “only” $14.5 trillion. The budget that is being debated so heavily in Congress and the Senate is “only” $3.5 trillion. Take all of the outrage and debate over the $1.5 trillion deficit into consideration, and swallow this Red pill: There was no debate about whether $16,000,000,000,000 would be given to failing banks and failing corporations around the world.
In late 2008, the TARP Bailout bill was passed and loans of $800 billion were given to failing banks and companies. That was a blatant lie considering the fact that Goldman Sachs alone received 814 billion dollars. As is turns out, the Federal Reserve donated $2.5 trillion to Citigroup, while Morgan Stanley received $2.04 trillion. The Royal Bank of Scotland and Deutsche Bank, a German bank, split about a trillion and numerous other banks received hefty chunks of the $16 trillion.
“This is a clear case of socialism for the rich and rugged, you’re-on-your-own individualism for everyone else.”- Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
When you have conservative Republican stalwarts like Jim DeMint(R-SC) and Ron Paul(R-TX) as well as self identified Democratic socialists like Bernie Sanders all fighting against the Federal Reserve, you know that it is no longer an issue of Right versus Left. When you have every single member of the Republican Party in Congress and progressive Congressmen like Dennis Kucinich sponsoring a bill to audit the Federal Reserve, you realize that the Federal Reserve is an entity onto itself, which has no oversight and no accountability.
Americans should be swelled with anger and outrage at the abysmal state of affairs when an unelected group of bankers can create money out of thin air and give it out to megabanks and supercorporations like Halloween candy. If the Federal Reserve and the bankers who control it believe that they can continue to devalue the savings of Americans and continue to destroy the US economy, they will have to face the realization that their trillion dollar printing presses will eventually plunder the world economy.
The list of institutions that received the most money from the Federal Reserve can be found on page 131of the GAO Audit and are as follows..
- Citigroup: $2.5 trillion ($2,500,000,000,000)
- Morgan Stanley: $2.04 trillion ($2,040,000,000,000)
- Merrill Lynch: $1.949 trillion ($1,949,000,000,000)
- Bank of America: $1.344 trillion ($1,344,000,000,000)
- Barclays PLC (United Kingdom): $868 billion ($868,000,000,000)
- Bear Sterns: $853 billion ($853,000,000,000)
- Goldman Sachs: $814 billion ($814,000,000,000)
- Royal Bank of Scotland (UK): $541 billion ($541,000,000,000)
- JP Morgan Chase: $391 billion ($391,000,000,000)
- Deutsche Bank (Germany): $354 billion ($354,000,000,000)
- UBS (Switzerland): $287 billion ($287,000,000,000)
- Credit Suisse (Switzerland): $262 billion ($262,000,000,000)
- Lehman Brothers: $183 billion ($183,000,000,000)
- Bank of Scotland (United Kingdom): $181 billion ($181,000,000,000)
- BNP Paribas (France): $175 billion ($175,000,000,000)
View the 266-page GAO audit of the Federal Reserve (July 21st, 2011):
- Audit of the Federal Reserve Reveals $16 Trillion in Secret Bailouts (blacklistednews.com)
- Audit of the Federal Reserve Reveals $16 Trillion in Secret Bailouts (conservativeread.com)
- OK Folks, When are you really going to get angry? (redhawk500.wordpress.com)
Posted in Black Swan, Dark inventory, Economic collapse, Economic interventionism, Economic policy, Fiat Currency, Fiscal Cliff, Fraud & Corruption, Modern Monetary Theory, Money Game, Obamanomics, One and Done, Progressive Agenda, Shadow banking, Shadow Government, Social Security, Tax Payer's Dime, United States
Posted by mb50
In December 2011 and January 2012, the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) conducted an audit of Statoil Petroleum AS (Statoil) and Island Offshore Subsea AS (Island Offshore). The audit was aimed at management of major accident risk and the barrier management system in connection with light well intervention on Island Constructor.
Each year, more than 500 well interventions are carried out on the Norwegian shelf, and this number is expected to grow.
There is a high level of risk associated with work on live wells (major accident potential) and many interfaces (multiple alliance partners).
A survey of well intervention activities carried out during the period 2003 – 2008 concluded that there was a significant need for well interventions on subsea installations. Verification on one of the facilities that carries out light well intervention was implemented to investigate HSE challenges linked with this type of operation.
Island Offshore Management and Island Offshore Subsea have an alliance with FMC and Aker Well Service for operation of the Island Constructor which carries out light well intervention on subsea wells for Statoil.
* Evaluate the companies’ understanding, knowledge and expertise as relates to major accident risk and managing barriers, on the part of both company management and among the employees.
* Evaluate strategies and principles which are to form the basis for design, use and maintenance of barriers so that the barriers’ function will be safeguarded throughout the entire facility lifetime.
* Verify that performance requirements are established and implemented.
* Develop the PSA’s expertise in following up management’s work to reduce major accident risk, and clarify the need to develop a framework and supervision methods.
* Contribute to the PSA developing its own methods that will form the basis for more effective barrier supervision.
The audit activity uncovered three nonconformities and four improvement items as regards Island Offshore.
The nonconformities related to deficient analysis of defined hazard and accident situations, layout of kill and stimulation lines, and deficient basis for and documentation of maintenance.
- Norway: NPD Supports Statoil’s New Rig Concept for Subsea Wells (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Statoil Orders Subsea Structures for Asgard (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Technip to Install Subsea Compression System on Asgard (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Recap: Worldwide Field Development News (Mar 23 – Mar 29, 2012) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: EMAS AMC Wins Fram SURF Deal from Statoil (mb50.wordpress.com)
- PSA Norway Approves Manned Underwater Ops (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: DOF Subsea to Provide Offshore Survey & Construction Services to Statoil (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Helix Well Ops UK Completes Well Intervention in West Africa (mb50.wordpress.com)
Tags: Accident, Audit, conducts, connection, europe, Industry, Intervention, Island Offshore Subsea, Light, major, News by topic, Norway, Petroleum Safety Authority Norway, PSA, Riserless Light Well Intervention, Risk, RLWI, Statoil, SubSea, subsea installations, Technip, well, Well Intervention