Cheniere Energy Partners, L.P. announced today that its subsidiary, Sabine Pass Liquefaction, LLC , has entered into an amended and restated LNG sale and purchase agreement with BG Gulf Coast LNG, LLC, a subsidiary of BG Group plc, under which BG has agreed to purchase an additional 2.0 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) of LNG, bringing BG’s total annual contract quantity to 5.5 mtpa of LNG.
BG will purchase 3.5 mtpa of LNG with the commencement of train one operations and will purchase a portion of the additional 2.0 mtpa of LNG as each of trains two, three and four commence operations.
Under the SPA, the purchase terms essentially remain the same, whereby BG will pay Sabine Liquefaction a fixed sales charge for the contracted quantity and will pay a contract sales price for LNG purchases based on the applicable Henry Hub index traded on the New York Mercantile Exchange, with the exception that the fixed sales charge will increase ratably in order to account for the increased fixed sales charge on the additional volumes.
“In assessing the optimal contracting strategy for the Sabine Liquefaction Project, we have decided to sell part of the additional volumes on a long-term basis to BG, our first foundation customer,” said Charif Souki, Chairman and CEO. “There’s a trade-off in whether we sell the additional volumes on a long-term basis or in the open market. Contracting a portion of the additional volumes adds further certainty to the long-term cash flows of the project and preserves the opportunity for additional upside.”
- USA: Cheniere, BG Ink LNG Sale and Purchase Deal
- USA: Cheniere Inks Sabine Pass LNG Supply Deal with GAIL India
- USA: Cheniere, Gas Natural Fenosa Ink LNG Deal
- USA: Cheniere Enters into Contract with Bechtel
- USA: Cheniere Logs Net Loss in Q3
- USA: Cheniere, BG Ink LNG Sale and Purchase Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Cheniere Enters into Contract with Bechtel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Societe Generale Says Cheniere Can Make Sabine Pass Export Decision After Fenosa Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- GAIL to buy 3.5 million tonnes of LNG from U.S. firm (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Gas Natural Fenosa Deals with Cheniere Energy to Buy US Shale Gas Sourced LNG (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Total Close to Sign Sabine Pass LNG Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Sempra Files with DOE to Export LNG from Cameron Terminal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Soc Gen Says China May Look for US LNG Deals in Future (mb50.wordpress.com)