|This week the SubseaIQ team added 2 new projects and updated 13 projects. You can see all the updates made over any time period via the Project Update History search. The latest offshore field develoment news and activities are listed below for your convenience.|
- Statoil Charters Light Well Intervention Vessels to Increase Recovery (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Statoil Extends Maersk Developer Contract for GoM Work (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Statoil, Aker Solutions Enter USD 1.9 bln Cat B Well Intervention Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
Northern Petroleum announces plans to commence drilling in mid 2012 on the Guyane permit offshore French Guiana, to follow up on the Zaedyus oil discovery in late 2011 that demonstrated the prospectivity of this licence area off South America. This is a relatively low cost investment for Northern with high upside potential.
In the Zaedyus exploration well, 72 metres of net oil pay was discovered in two turbidite sand systems in the first phase of drilling – successfully proving that the Jubilee play is mirrored across the Atlantic from West Africa.
The second phase of drilling is planned to involve the spudding of a de-lineation well on the discovery, likely to be followed by an exploration well on one of the neighbouring prospects within the area captured by 3D seismic survey. Additional 3D seismic is also planned to be acquired from midyear to further delineate leads on trend and similar to the Zaedyus discovery mapped on 2D seismic along the length of the deepwater margin.
To undertake these operations Shell, who took over as Operator from Tullow Oil on 1 February 2012, has contracted the Stena DrillMax ICE drillship, which is expected to commence operations midyear subject to government consents.
The partner interests in offshore Guyane are: Shell 45%, Tullow 27.5%, Total 25%, Northpet Investments 2.5% (Northern owns a 50% equity interest in Northpet)
Derek Musgrove, Managing Director of Northern stated:
”Northern is pleased that the successful Zaedyus oil discovery is to be quickly followed by a new drilling campaign. This will not only further delineate the discovery structure, but will also move forward to drill some of the similar prospects defined by 3D seismic in order to confirm the wider significant potential of this permit area covering the entire length of the prospective continental shelf edge of Guyane, a distance of about 200 kilometres.”
- Tullow makes Kenya’s first oil discovery (independent.co.uk)
- Africa Seen Mirroring Brazil in Atlantic Coast Drilling:Energy (businessweek.com)
With strong oil prices persisting, major energy companies are increasingly reinvesting their earnings in exploration and development of offshore oil and gas basins. Visiongain calculates capital expenditure in the MODU market will total $48.1bn in 2012.
According to the International Energy Agency, global oil demand will rise from 88 million barrels today to around 99 million barrels in 25 years time. Over this period the cost of extracting oil will be higher and production from offshore resources will not be as expensive as it was relative to development of onshore hydrocarbons.
Although new technological improvements mean fewer people will be needed on offshore oil and gas drilling rigs, the construction industry behind MODUs and assembly of related technologies is providing employment for thousands of people. For example, the Brazilian marine construction industry has emerged on a vast scale to enable its offshore industry to provide MODUs and technologies for Petrobras to meet its vast oil production targets from its offshore resources.
Most super-major oil and gas companies as well as independent oil and gas companies have each secured a share in the hydrocarbon-rich offshore regions across the globe and demand for MODUs is strong. Meanwhile, health and safety standards and technology have both improved across the industry, leading to a backlog of orders for new-build MODU.
The Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU) Market 2012-2022 report includes 144 tables, charts and graphs that analyse quantify and forecast the MODU market in detail from 2012-2022 at the global level, four submarkets and for 7 regional markets. The analysis and forecasting ahs been reinforced by extensive consultation with industry experts. Two full transcripts of exclusive interviews are included from Friede & Goldman and Maxeler Technologies. The report also profiles 55 leading companies involved in the MODU market.
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Offshore Drilling Industry to 2016 – Rapidly Rising Demand for Hydrocarbons Expected to Boost Offshore Drilling in Ultra-Deepwater and Harsh-weather Environments (prnewswire.com)
- UK: Ensco Ranks 1st Among Offshore Drillers by Costumer Satisfaction (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Hercules Offshore Secures Contract for Newly Bought Rig (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Atwood Beacon to Drill Offshore Israel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Mr. Charlie Initiated the Modern Offshore Oil & Gas Industry, ASME Says (mb50.wordpress.com)
- ExxonMobil, OMV Petrom Strike Gas Offshore Romania (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Alaska champions $40bn pipeline plan (mb50.wordpress.com)
Note: You can magnify this if you use Magnifier tool; found in the Windows Accessories folder under Ease of Use.Posted by truther on March 23, 2012 African Press
Now it is here and places the president in the African continent. The debate surrounding it will now end after the revelation, and those who have not been telling the truth will have to be made answerable one way or another.
The revelation, however, coming during this election year 2012 is doing no good to the democratic party.
API on Tuesday the 6th March evening received President Obama’s genuine birth certificate. API decided not to hurry in publishing it immediately because we wanted to be sure of the content value.
Now that the scrutiny has been done, the publishing of the Birth certificate that will clear the air once and for all is being done without prejudice. This may force the US president to apologise to the American people for having been kept in the dark on the issue for a long time now on demanding the publishing of the birth certificate by President Obama.
API will scan in here a letter from Coast Provincial Birth Registration Office in the next few hours or days, depending on how quick API is cleared to do so.
The purpose of scanning the official letter is to ensure that what we have received as you see here is fully collaborated officially.
Everyone knows that the documents are very sensitive and are not for misuse by any person to gain upper hand in political games.
It is, however, fair that the whole truth is brought to light and have the whole saga put to rest once and for all.
Many people seem to be of the opinion that there is a plan to hide from them the real thing. The US President says he is born in Hawaii. Many documents being circulated worldwide says otherwise. Therefore, it is very important to be outright and get the real thing on the table without witch hunt or without trying to malign the president’s name, unless the truth is not what he personally has said.
A duly signed official letter and a very special document will be scanned here for all to see – this comes in a few hours or days, depending on how quick API gets the clearance to do so. The two documents will put the issue to rest and clear the air once and for all who wish to know the true facts of this case file that has bothered a section of the American people!
It is only reasonable to continue working on this case in order to reveal the truth of the matter.
Another issue important to consider is why many are so interested in this. If Obama has ruled now for three good years and is now in his fourth year – and already asking for another term that will give him new 4 years in the White House, is there any wrongdoing when he actually has delivered leadership and continues to do so? He has not run down the country, so what is all the farce about where he is born? After all, he has lived in the US all his life.
People who read this article also read:
- 1991 Obama was stamped ‘Born in Kenya’
- Obama Lawyer Admits In Court Birth Certificate On White House Website Is A Forgery
- Did Barack Obama Campaign Threaten Life of Chelsea Clinton to Keep Parents Silent on Obama’s Ineligibility?
- Obama prepares to sue Sheriff Joe
- Ex-communist nations expose Obama ‘fraud’
- High court justice: Obama birth certificate fishy
- Major Discovery in Obama’s LFBC…and It’s in the INK!
- Demand Investigation into Obama Eligibility Requirements for President and Second Term Run
- This Is The Video Obama Banned Mainstream Media From Reporting
- The Obama Flag: Who Decided That It Was Okay To Replace The Stars On The American Flag With The Face Of Barack Obama?
- Obama Threatens Media With Federal Investigation If They Persue Birth Certificate!!
- E-Verify Says Obama Not Eligible For Employment In The United States
- Video: Is Obama to face regime change in US?
- Video: Solid Proof Obama’s ‘Birth Certificate’ Is A Fake – Watch
- Obama’s Mother Worked For CIA
- Video: Everything Obama has signed is NULL & VOID?
- Illuminati Killed Communism to Reclaim Russia
- George Washington, The Pentagon, and the CIA
- The Manufacturing of a President
- Obama Fact Sheet: A call to consciousness
- Arizona Secretary Of State Threatens To Keep Obama’s Name Off Ballot Without Birth Certificate Verification (Audio) (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- African Press International says it has Obama’s Kenyan birth certificate (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Obama Lawyer Admits In Court that Birth Certificate On White House Website (powersthatbeat.wordpress.com)
- Arizona Secretary Of State Wants Verification Of Obama’s Birth Or May Keep Him Off Ballot (alan.com)
- Arizona’s Secretary Of State Threatens To Keep President Obama Off The Ballot Unless He Sees A Birth Certificate (businessinsider.com)
- The Kenyan Jigsaw Puzzle (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- Arizona’s Top Election Official Goes Birther, Threatens To Keep Obama Off The Ballot (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Kenya: President Obama Undisputed footprint birth cerificate, according to the Mombasa Imam, 01042012 (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ken Bennett Wants To See Obama’s Birth Certificate Before Barack’s Name Will Appear On Arizona’s Ballot (inquisitr.com)
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation today announced its 2012 capital program and guidance, and the highlights of its Investor Conference to be held on March 13, 2012.
“Anadarko is off to a great start in 2012 as it continues to build upon the strong operational results of 2011, while positioning the company for value-focused growth into the next decade,” Anadarko Chairman and CEO Jim Hackett said.
2012 Capital Program and Expectations Total 2012 capital expenditures are expected to be between $6.6 and $6.9 billion. This amount does not include expenditures by Western Gas Partners, LP (WES), a separate, publicly traded entity controlled by Anadarko and consolidated in its financial statements.
“Anadarko’s deep portfolio provides the flexibility to allocate more than 90 percent of our 2012 E&P (exploration and production) capital toward oil and liquids-rich assets, while dialing back U.S. onshore dry gas activity in the currently over-supplied North American natural gas market environment. We expect this capital program to deliver full-year sales volumes in the range of 256 to 260 million BOE (barrels of oil equivalent), which takes into account both the effect of anticipated asset monetizations and reduced natural gas activity. We expect liquids sales volumes to comprise about 45 percent of total sales volumes in 2012, equating to an increase of approximately 25,000 barrels per day over the previous year. Additionally, the capital program reflects our continued commitment to our worldwide exploration program, which has delivered industry-leading results for several years, while discovering many new asset platforms for future growth.”
An approximate breakout of the 2012 capital program is included below:
2012 Capital Expenditures by Area
$6.6 – $6.9 Billion
U.S. Onshore 55%
Gulf of Mexico 10%
Approximately 55 percent of Anadarko’s 2012 capital budget is allocated to its shorter-cycle U.S. onshore activities, with a focus on liquids-rich opportunities in the Wattenberg field, Eagleford Shale, Permian Basin and emerging liquids-rich East Texas area.
In the Wattenberg field of northeastern Colorado, where the company has identified net resources of between 500 million and 1.5 billion BOE in its Wattenberg HZ program, Anadarko plans to accelerate value realization by increasing the number of operated rigs, from six horizontal rigs currently to eight by the middle of 2012.
In the Eagleford Shale in South Texas, Anadarko doubled the number of identified drill sites to about 4,000, thereby increasing its estimated net resources in the field to more than 600 million BOE. The company plans to run ten operated rigs in the Eagleford and expand its midstream infrastructure during the year to align with anticipated production growth.
In East Texas, Anadarko announced that with horizontal-drilling technology it has unlocked a new liquids-rich play in the Carthage area. In this East Texas HZ opportunity, the company has identified more than 450 drill sites with strong economics and an estimated 300 million BOE of net resources. In 2012, Anadarko plans to operate six to eight rigs and drill approximately 75 wells in the East Texas HZ play.
In the Marcellus Shale in north-central Pennsylvania, Anadarko has increased average well recoveries to approximately 8 billion cubic feet (Bcf) of natural gas per well, and has continued to improve efficiencies, resulting in a 30-percent reduction in drilling cycle times over 2010. Given the current market conditions for natural gas, the company expects the number of rigs (operated and non-operated) in the play to decrease from 21 to 13 over the course of the year.
Anadarko has allocated approximately 25 percent of its 2012 capital budget to its growing international portfolio, with a significant focus on Africa.
Offshore Mozambique, where Anadarko has made one of the most significant natural gas discoveries of the last decade, its partnership will continue to work toward achieving reserve certification in 2012 and a final investment decision (FID) in late 2013. As announced this morning, the partnership conducted a successful drillstem test at the Barquentine-2 well that flowed at an equipment-constrained rate of 90 to 100 million cubic feet of natural gas per day (MMcf/d), which supports a well-design capability of 100 to 200 MMcf/d. Additionally, Anadarko is increasing the estimated recoverable resource range of the Offshore Area 1 discovery area by another 2 trillion cubic feet (Tcf). Anadarko’s discovery area in the deepwater Rovuma Basin is now estimated to hold 17 to 30-plus Tcf of recoverable natural gas.
In Algeria, the El Merk mega project is approximately 90-percent complete and expected to begin to produce significant volumes by the end of the year. In West Africa, the Jubilee Unit is expected to average between 70,000 and 90,000 barrels of oil per day in 2012, while the partnership continues remedial work on several existing producing wells and initiates the Phase 1A drilling program. The company and its partners also recently completed a successful drillstem test in the TEN (Tweneboa, Enyenra and Ntomme) complex offshore Ghana that flowed at equipment-constrained rates of more than 20,000 barrels of high-quality oil per day. The partnership expects to submit a Plan of Development for the TEN complex later this year.
Gulf of Mexico
About 10 percent of Anadarko’s 2012 capital program is directed to its deepwater Gulf of Mexico activities. As announced today, Anadarko and the project’s co-owners safely achieved first production at the Caesar/Tonga mega project. Caesar/Tonga production is currently increasing and is expected to reach approximately 45,000 BOE per day from three subsea wells, which are being produced through the company’s Constitution spar on Green Canyon block 680.
Also in the Gulf, Anadarko continues to make progress on the Lucius development, which is located in the Keathley Canyon area. Fabrication of the 80,000 barrel-per-day, 450 MMcf/d truss spar is under way, and first production is expected in 2014.
The company also expects to initiate front-end engineering and design work for the development of its Heidelberg discovery in anticipation of project sanctioning later this year. The Heidelberg-2 appraisal well, announced in February, encountered more than 250 net feet of oil pay and supported the company’s net resource estimate of more than 200 million BOE for the field.
Exploration The company’s exploration program delivered more than 730 million BOE of net discovered resources in 2011. In 2012, Anadarko expects to continue an active program, investing approximately 20 percent of its capital budget in exploration, with plans to drill approximately 25 high-impact, deepwater exploration/appraisal wells worldwide. The most active areas of exploration and appraisal drilling this year are expected to be in East Africa, with seven to 10 planned wells offshore Mozambique; in West Africa, also with seven to 10 planned wells in the Ivorian and Sierra Leone/Liberia basins; and in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, where Anadarko plans to return to pre-moratorium levels of drilling with six to eight planned wells.
“The strong results of 2011 and the list of significant achievements in just over two months in 2012 demonstrate our strategy is working,” said Al Walker, Anadarko President and Chief Operating Officer. “The announced 2012 capital program is aligned with estimated cash flow for the year, and would generate significant free cash flow at current strip prices. As an added measure to protect cash flows, we’ve locked in additional tactical hedges for oil volumes in 2012. We believe our announced 2012 capital program represents the appropriate level of investment to maintain financial discipline, while accelerating the value of our near-term oil and liquids-rich opportunities in the U.S. onshore, funding current mega-project developments, and continuing to build for the future with an active worldwide exploration program.”
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation’s mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world’s health and welfare. As of year-end 2011, the company had 2.54 billion barrels-equivalent of proved reserves, making it one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies.
- Anadarko’s First Flow Test Offshore Mozambique Successful (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Anadarko Contracts ENSCO 8506 Semi (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Successfull Heidelberg Appraisal for Anadarko (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Provides Subsea Systems for Anadarko’s Lucius Field (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Anadarko, Partners Give Nod for Lucius Project in Deepwater GoM (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Anadarko Strikes More Mozambique Gas (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Aker Solutions to Provide Umbilicals for Anadarko’s Lucius Development (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Lucius: Deepwater Gulf of Mexico (mb50.wordpress.com)
French oil major Total said today it intended to continue to actively manage its asset portfolio with, in particular, a program of non-strategic asset sales.
The 2012 budget for organic investments is $24 billion , of which more than 80% will be dedicated to the Upstream.
In the Upstream, Total expects in 2012 to implement its strategy to accelerate production growth and increase the profitability of its asset portfolio.
The ramp-up of Pazflor in Angola and the start-up of several major projects, including Usan in Nigeria, Angola LNG, and Bongkot South in Thailand, will contribute to production growth in 2012 and to achieving the objective of growing production by 2.5% per year on average between 2010 and 2015.
“The successful start-up of the Pazflor field in Angola was the crowning achievement of an important year for Total. This start-up and the ones to follow will ensure a return to production growth in 2012 and the years to come”, Chairman and CEO Christophe de Margerie said.
After launching Ichthys in Australia, announced at the start of this year, Total said it intends to continue work on the drivers for post-2015 growth by preparing to launch, notably, projects in West Africa, Russia and Canada.
The Group today announced 2011 adjusted net income of $15.9 billion which is an increase of 17 per cent when compared to full year results from 2010.
Commenting on the results de Margerie said:
“In a period of economic slowdown, ongoing tensions on the global oil supply supported the Brent price above 110 S/b in 2011. This environment has been favorable for the Upstream, but it was difficult for the Downstream activities, notably in Europe. In this context, the Group posted a 17% increase in earnings, expressed in dollars, compared to 2010. With its track record of operational excellence, the Group also confirms its constant improvement in safety performance.”
- France: Total Announces 72% Profit Increase Compared to 2nd Q 2009
- Angola: Total Inaugurates Pazflor
- USA: KBR President Pleased with 1Q Business Results
- Total Starts Production at Pazflor, Offshore Angola
- Norway: Statoil 3Q Net Income Rises 39 pct
- A West African Giant – Total’s Pazflor FPSO is Inaugurated (gcaptain.com)
- Oceaneering Bags Angola Gig from BP (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Offshore Lists Top 5 Offshore Field Development Projects (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Angola: Oil Ministry Says US Will be Main Market for LNG Export (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Angola LNG Looks to Sell Liquefied Natural Gas to Non-U.S. Buyers (mb50.wordpress.com)
As we announced earlier today (read all about how the badge system works) we’ll be announcing a NMS Girl Of The Day each weekday to celebrate some of the hottest entrants into the competition this year.
The Sports Illustrated team are selecting their favourites from all the entrants and they will get their 15 minutes of fame (more like 24 hours or more) to enjoy being the NMS Girl Of The Day.
The first person to receive the badge is Chantel Fouche. Well done Chantel!
To view Chantel’s profile and vote for her: CLICK HERE
For more New Model Search 2012 entrants: CLICK HERE