Daily Archives: February 1, 2013
Hydratight’s Mechanical Connectors (formerly known as MORGRIP™ mechanical connectors) are used subsea in diver depths for pipeline tie-in and spool repair.
The high performance products are designed to be simple and reliable to install with key diver-friendly design features, including “hands-clear” activation and external pressure test. No connector has ever proved impossible to install subsea, and none have ever failed in service. Hydratight’s Mechanical Connectors boast a 100% leak-free in-service record with over 2500 Connectors deployed to date.
For over 30 years, Hydratight’s innovative products and services have ensured the integrity of all types of flanges and mechanical connectors. Hydratight can trace its roots back to 1901 when the Sweeney business was founded in the United States. The company’s first torque tools appeared on the scene in 1949.
- UK: Balltec Reveals Helical Connector (worldmaritimenews.com)
- UK: Balltec Gets Project Recognition Award for MoorLOK Connectors (worldmaritimenews.com)
- FMC Technologies signs $33M subsea deal (bizjournals.com)
- Norway: Ulstein Unveils Next Generation of IMR Vessel (worldmaritimenews.com)
Following sea trials during the past few weeks, Dockwise, a Dutch heavy lift and transportation specialist, now confirms the delivery of Dockwise Vanguard. The vessel has left the yard of Hyundai Heavy Industries (“HHI”) this morning and started its maiden trip.
Dockwise Vanguard will sail to the Samsung Heavy Industries (“SHI”) yard in Korea to pick up the giant hull of the Jack / St Malo semi-submersible floating production facility for transportation to the US Gulf of Mexico.
“We are pleased to see Dockwise Vanguard leave the yard following a delivery without a single LTI (Lost Time Incident), on schedule for its maiden trip for one of our key customers. As said before, we are confident that that the Vanguard will rapidly earn its place in the market and has the potential to create a new market of its own”, comments André Goedée, Dockwise’s CEO..
- The Netherlands: Boskalis Holds 40 Pct Shares in Dockwise (worldmaritimenews.com)
- State-of-the-Art Heavy-Lift Vessel Dockwise Vanguard Ready for Sea Trials (worldmaritimenews.com)
- Dockwise Awarded Nearly $60 Million in New Contracts (gcaptain.com)