Dolphin Secures Cash for Bolette Dolphin Drillship (Norway)
Dolphin International AS, a subsidiary of Norway’s Fred. Olsen Energy ASA , has signed a new five year bank credit facility of up to $1.5 billion.
The company will use the money to prepay existing bank loans, full-finance the newbuild Bolette Dolphin drillship and for general corporate purposes. The facility is provided by 12 international banks and GIEK/Eksportfinans.
The 6th generation drillship, under construction at Hyundai Heavy Industries’ shipyard in South Korea, is expected to be delivered in the third quarter of 2013. It will be able to operate in water depths of 12.000 feet (3660 m), and equipped for a maximum drilling depth of 10,000 feet (3050 m). Total project cost is estimated at $650 million.
After the delivery, the vessel will sail away to Mozambique to work for Anadarko under a contract signed in November 2011. The drillship, of Gusto P10000 design, has been chartered on a four-year drilling contract at a rate of approximately $488.000 per day.
- Norway: Seadrill Negotiating USD 1.16 bln Gig for West Polaris Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Dolphin Secures Cash for Drillship Under Construction (Norway) (worldmaritimenews.com)
- Diamond Offshore Orders New Drillship in South Korea (mb50.wordpress.com)
- UK: Nautronix to Supply Acoustic Positioning System for Noble’s New Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Maersk Bags Gulf of Mexico Contract for Its Under-Construction Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Stena Drilling Wins 5 Year Contract for Its Newbuild Stena IceMAX Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Strong Demand for UDW Drillships Spurs Seadrill to Order One More from SHI (South Korea) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ensco in $645m drillship buy (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Pacific Santa Ana Drillship Arrives in U.S. Gulf of Mexico to Work for Chevron (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on June 8, 2012, in Drillship, Europe, MARINE VESSELS, Norway and tagged Anadarko, Bolette, cash, Dolphin, Drillship, Fred. Olsen Energy, hyundai heavy, Hyundai Heavy Industries, Line of credit, Loan, Mozambique, Norway, South Korea. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Dolphin Secures Cash for Bolette Dolphin Drillship (Norway).