Aker Solutions to Provide Well Intervention Services to Statoil (Norway)
Scope of work is to deliver downhole well intervention services from Island Offshore’s two riserless well intervention vessels Island Frontier and Island Wellserver. These operations include running of mechanical wireline, electrical wireline and wireline tractor services.
The two contracts are valid for five years plus two optional two-year extensions (5+2+2). They will run from 2015, when the current contracts expire.
Aker Solutions has provided downhole services from Island Frontier since 2006 and Island Wellserver since 2009.
Aker Solutions estimates that the two contracts in total will generate revenues between NOK 400 and 500 million during the firm five-year period.
“Through our cooperation with Island Offshore, Aker Solutions has become the world’s most experienced provider of downhole services through riserless light well intervention. To date we have together completed close to 200 interventions on subsea wells. We are thrilled to be able to continue our partnership with them,” says Wolfgang Puennel, head of well intervention services in Aker Solutions.
Well intervention services are carried out in an oil or gas well, with the objective of maximising production and increasing the recovery rate of oil and gas. Well intervention has traditionally been performed from fixed platforms. In more recent years, specially equipped ships have been developed to undertake the same type of service on subsea wells, where recovery rates have been much lower.
500 million Norwegian kroner = 82.4 million U.S. dollars
- Norway: Statoil, Aker Solutions Enter USD 1.9 bln Cat B Well Intervention Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Aker Solutions to Design World’s Largest Spar Platform for Statoil (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Aker Solutions Secures Draupne FEED Contract (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Shell Orders Subsea Connection Systems from Aker Solutions (Norway) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Aker Solutions to Build Umbilical Plant in Malaysia (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Statoil Charters Light Well Intervention Vessels to Increase Recovery (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: FMC to Provide LWI Services to Statoil (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on June 8, 2012, in Completions, Europe, Norway, Oil & Gas - offshore, Service, Subsea, Well Intervention, Well solutions and tagged Aker Solutions, europe, Intervention, island offshroe, News, Norway, Norwegian Continental Shelf, Offshore, services, Statoil, SubSea, well, Well Intervention. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Aker Solutions to Provide Well Intervention Services to Statoil (Norway).