Cyprus: Ocean Rig Receives LoA for its UDW Drillship
Ocean Rig UDW Inc., a global provider of offshore deepwater drilling services, headquartered in Cyprus, today announced that it has received a Letter of Award for its ultra deepwater drillship “Ocean Rig Olympia”, from a major oil company.
The Letter of Award is for a three- year contract for drilling offshore West Africa, with an estimated backlog of approximately $652 million. The Letter of Award is subject to completion of definitive documentation and receipt of regulatory approvals. The contract is expected to commence in direct continuation of the Ocean Rig Olympia’s existing contract in West Africa. The customer would have the option to extend the contract for two periods of one year each, with the first option exercisable within one year from the commencement date under the drilling contract, and the second option exercisable within one year after the date of exercise of the first option.
With this latest fixture, Ocean Rig no longer has any rigs available in 2012.
- Ensco in $645m drillship buy (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: SHI to Build Seventh UDW Drillship for Pacific Drilling (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Seadrill Confirms Samsung Drillships Contracts (mb50.wordpress.com)
- ENSCO Orders Drillship with Retractable Thrusters!? (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Pacific Scirocco Drillship Begins Work in Nigeria (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ophir Begins with Drilling Operations Offshore Tanzania (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Vantage Drilling Reports Record Revenues (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Deepsea Metro II Drillship Arrives in South Africa (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on April 9, 2012, in Cyprus, Drilling, Drillship, Europe, Oil & Gas - offshore and tagged Africa, Cyprus, Drillship, Gas, LOA, News, Ocean Rig, Offshore drilling, oil, Receives, udw, West Africa. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Cyprus: Ocean Rig Receives LoA for its UDW Drillship.