USA: ETE Units File with FERC for Proposed Lake Charles Liquefaction Project
Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) today announced that its Trunkline LNG Company, Trunkline LNG Export, and Trunkline Gas Company subsidiaries have filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to build the previously announced natural gas liquefaction project under development in Lake Charles, La.
The Lake Charles liquefaction project is being developed to liquefy domestic supplies of natural gas for export to foreign countries in order to meet the growing world-wide demand for LNG. Exporting LNG to the world market will provide a wide range of economic and employment related benefits for the United States.
Energy Transfer and its subsidiaries continue to work closely with its customer BG Group in the development of the project, ETE said in a statement.
As part of the project, Trunkline Gas Company plans to extend its interstate natural gas pipeline approximately half a mile to provide feed gas to the liquefaction facility. The project is currently planned to export up to 15 million metric tons of LNG per year, which is the equivalent of approximately 2 billion cubic feet per day of natural gas. Pending regulatory approvals, Trunkline LNG Export currently expects to begin project construction in 2014 and is anticipating the project to be in service in the spring of 2018.
- USA: Cheniere Urges FERC to Approve Sabine Pass Liquefaction Project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Zachry-CB&I venture lands Freeport FEED (mb50.wordpress.com)
- An emerging player (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Broadwater Shelves LNG Plan (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Cheniere, KOGAS Ink Sabine Pass LNG Deal (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Sempra Wins DOE Approval for Cameron LNG Export (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Jordan Cove Submits Non-FTA LNG Export Application (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on April 3, 2012, in AMERICAS, City - LA, Lake Charles, LNG, Louisiana, North America, United States and tagged AMERICAS, BG Group, ETE, Export, FERC, File, Lake Charles, Liquefaction, LNG, News, project, proposed, USA. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on USA: ETE Units File with FERC for Proposed Lake Charles Liquefaction Project.