Norway: Naming Ceremony for Olympic Energy PSV
Last Saturday, on March 24th, a naming ceremony for Olympic Shipping’s new Platform Supply Vessel took place in Ålesund. The naming of the vessel, now called Olympic Energy was performed by Godmother Marianne Synnes.
After the ceremony, the ship was open to the public and about 1500 people used the chance to study the ship up close.
Olympic Shipping AS, STX OSV and the Training Office of Maritime Studies were represented at the deck, where those who were interested could get further information about the ship and job opportunities in the business. Olympic Energy is a PSV 06 LNG design, to be delivered from STX OSV, later this month. The vessel is designed as a platform supply vessel for worldwide operations and transport of general cargo for offshore industry.
The vessel is of environmental friendly design, with low resistance hull shape designed for high speed and low fuel consumptions. Its main engines are driven by liquefied natural gas.
- Brazil: Deep Sea Supply Takes Delivery of New PSV (mb50.wordpress.com)
- BP Hires PSV ‘Sea Brasil’ (mb50.wordpress.com)
- STX OSV Adds to their Backlog, DOF ASA Sends Newbuild Order for Subsea Construction Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: STX OSV Delivers Platform Supply Vessel to Solstad (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: STX OSV Brevik Shipyard Hands Over PSV Island Captain (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on March 28, 2012, in Europe, LNG PSV, MARINE VESSELS, Norway and tagged Ålesund, Ceremony, energy, environment, europe, Gas, Liquefied natural gas, Naming, Naming ceremony, News, Norway, oil, Olympic, platform supply, Platform supply vessel, PSV, Ship, STX Offshore & Shipbuilding, STX OSV. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Norway: Naming Ceremony for Olympic Energy PSV.