South Korea: Stena Drilling Wins 5 Year Contract for Its Newbuild Stena IceMAX Drillship
Stena Drilling has been awarded a 5 year worldwide drilling contract by Shell for the new build Stena IceMAX. The drilling contract which is on market day rates will commence in March when the vessel is delivered from the yard in South Korea. The first assignment for the vessel will be in French Guyana.
Stena IceMAX will be the world’s first dynamically positioned, dual mast ice-class +1A1 drillship, allowing for safe and efficient operations in Arctic conditions. Stena IceMAX is currently under construction by Samsung Heavy Industries at their Geoje Shipyard in South Korea and is the fourth vessel in the Stena DrillMAX fleet.
Following their successful delivery, Stena DrillMAX, Stena Carron and Stena Forth are currently in worldwide operation. Stena IceMAX is based on the existing Stena DrillMAX vessels, providing the optimum layout/specification for a vast range of world-wide operational requirements.
Displacement (approx) – 98,000 Mt
Variable Deck Load Transit (approx) – 7,500 Mt
Variable Deck Load Drilling/Survival (approx) – 15,000 Mt
Overall length – 228.0m
Breadth, mid. – 42.0m
Depth, mid. – 19.0m
Moonpool – 25.6m x 12.5m
Transit Ice, draught – 11.0m
Transit open water, draught – 8.5m
Operation draught, mid. – 12.0m
- South Korea: SHI to Build Seventh UDW Drillship for Pacific Drilling (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Seadrill Confirms Samsung Drillships Contracts (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea: Pacific Drilling Extends Option for its 7th Drillship (mb50.wordpress.com)
- South Korea’s Samsung Wins USD 1.1 bln Order for Two Drillships (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Pacific Santa Ana Drillship Hits the Water (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Pacific Scirocco Drillship Begins Work in Nigeria (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Repsol Sinopec Makes High-Impact Discovery Off Brazil (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on March 23, 2012, in Asia, Drillship, East Asia, MARINE VESSELS, South Korea and tagged business, Drillship, Dynamic positioning, Newbuild, News by topic, Offshore drilling, Samsung Heavy Industries, Shell, South Korea, Stena, Stena Carron, Stena Drilling, Stena IceMAX. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.