INPEX Orders USD 2 bln FPSO from DSME (South Korea)
The second largest shipbuilder in the world, Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering, Co, announces that it has received an order to construct a giant Floating Production Storage and Offloading vessel (FPSO).
Daewoo made the announcement on the Korea Exchange, saying that the estimated worth of the project is $2 billion.
The FPSO will serve for offshore storage and export of condensate from the Ichthys field. The condensate will be transferred from the CPF to the FPSO and, further, it will be exported from the FPSO via a floating loading hose to offtake tankers.
The vessel will also treat and dispose of produced water. It will be located approximately 2 km from the Central Processing Facilitiy and will contain liquid (condensate and water) treatment facilities, living quarters and associated utilities.
South Korea’s shipbuilders have benefited greatly from the INPEX’s Ichthys project. Samsung Heavy Industries Co Ltd has recently received a $2.71 billion order for the construction of an offshore central processing facility (CPF) for the Ichthys project.
- Australia: Heerema Wins Subsea Installation Contract for Ichthys Project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Australia: Technip Wins Wheatstone Platform Design Contract from DSME (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Ichthys: The Largest Subsea Gig for McDermott (Australia) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- European Client Cancels Order, Says DSME (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Australia: Saipem Lands Ichthys LNG Work (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Singapore: Dyna-Mac Receives LOIs from Leading FPSO Operators (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Total and Inpex Launch $34 Billion Ichthys LNG Project Offshore Northwestern Australia (gcaptain.com)
- UK: Largest Contract in Odfjell Drilling’s History (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on March 9, 2012, in Asia, Australia, AUSTRALIA - OCEANIA, East Asia, FPSO, MARINE VESSELS, South Korea and tagged Asia Pacific, Australia, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, DSME, Dyna-Mac, Floating production storage and offloading, FPSO, Ichthys, Inpex, Korea Exchange, News, Odfjell Drilling, orders, South Korea, USD 2 bln. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on INPEX Orders USD 2 bln FPSO from DSME (South Korea).