Petsec: Third Marathon Well Spudded (USA)
Petsec Energy reports that a third well has been spud on the Marathon gas/condensate field, located in the shallow waters of the Atchafalaya Bay along the Louisiana Gulf Coast, USA. The well was spud on 4 March 2012 and will serve as a further development well for the field.
The 19,000 feet (5,900 metres) well is situated in approximately 8 feet (2.4 metres) water depth and is located less than 200 metres from the #1 well location. Drilling operations are expected to take 107 days to reach total depth, log and case. Petsec’s estimated net cost to drill, log and case is US$1.5 million. New pipeline options for the Marathon field are currently being evaluated which would allow for increased production from the existing two wells, this third well, and further development wells.
- INPEX Orders USD 2 bln FPSO from DSME (South Korea)
- UK: North Sea Giant Wins Ship of the Year 2012 Award
- Petsec: Third Marathon Well Spudded (USA)
- USA: Shell Man Takes the Wheel of Center for Offshore Safety
- Norway: Kvaerner Opens Engineering Office in Trondheim
- Australia: MEO Renews WA-360-P Exploration Permit
- Cyprus: Songa Offshore Provides February Fleet Status Update
- UK: BMT to Showcase Offshore Support Services at Oceanology
- Norway: Statoil Awards Luva Platform FEED to Technip
- UK: Caledonian Geotech Receives DNV Accreditations
- Recap: Worldwide Field Development News (Jan 27 – Feb 2, 2012) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Baker Hughes Rig Counts: International Offshore Rigs Up by 11 (USA) (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: FMC Technologies Wins Two Spotlight on New Technology Awards at OTC (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Petsec reduces forecasts (news.theage.com.au)
Posted on March 8, 2012, in AMERICAS, Louisiana, North America, United States and tagged AMERICAS, louisiana gulf coast, Marathon, News, Offshore, Petsec, Petsec Energy, Spudded, Third, United States, USA, well. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Petsec: Third Marathon Well Spudded (USA).