Swire Acquires Norway’s Subsea Specialist
Seabed AS was founded in 2008 by Mr Hans Martin Gravdal, who has more than 30 years of experience within a wide range of subsea operations. Mr Gravdal and his team will continue with the company which is to be renamed Swire Seabed AS.
Along with the acquisition, SPO will take ownership of Seabed Worker, the 88m state of the art Multi-Purpose Support Vessel, and the high-specification subsea ROVs held by Seabed AS.
Neil Glenn, Managing Director of SPO, said, “We are very pleased to announce the acquisition of Seabed, through which we will increase our capabilities and extend the range of services we are able to offer to our customers. We look forward to working closely with Mr Gravdal and his team in Norway as they continue to grow and develop the business.”
- Norway: Statoil Orders Subsea Structures for Asgard (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Subsea 7 Charters Island Intervention Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Shell Awards Subsea 7 with Two Gulf of Mexico Contracts (mb50.wordpress.com)
- UK: Aker Solutions to Supply Subsea Modules for Western Isles Project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Deep-Water Lifting: A Challenge for the Industry (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Aker Solutions to Supply Production Equipment for Brynhild Project (mb50.wordpress.com)
- UK: Reef Subsea Enters Charter Deal for Two Neptune Offshore’s Vessels (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: DOF Subsea to Provide Offshore Survey & Construction Services to Statoil (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 22, 2012, in Europe, Norway, Oil & Gas - offshore, Service, Subsea, Subsea Systems and tagged Aker Solutions, Bergen, bergen norway, Buys, europe, News, Norway, Offshore, offshore operations, Seabed, Specialist, Statoil, SubSea, Swire. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Swire Acquires Norway’s Subsea Specialist.