Norway: Technip to Install Subsea Compression System on Asgard
Technip has been awarded by Statoil a contract, valued above €150million (198.5 million U.S. dollars), for the major Åsgard Subsea Compression project located in the Norwegian Sea, 40 kilometers East of the Åsgard field, at a water depth of 340 meters. The contract covers the installation of the subsea compression system and its connection to the existing subsea infrastructure and the Åsgard platform.
The contract includes fabrication, installation and tie-in of pipeline spools including protection covers and installation of power cables and umbilicals.
It also comprises options for the following works: engineering, fabrication and supply of a special handling system (SHS) for the installation and retrieval of the subsea compression system modules, initial installation of the subsea compression system modules.
Technip’s operating centers in Oslo and Stavanger, Norway will execute the contract. Offshore construction will take place in 2013 and 2014. The contract also includes options for the IMR(3) stand-by vessel until 2018.
The Åsgard field is situated in the Norwegian Sea, about 200 kilometres off mid-Norway and 50 kilometres south of Heidrun. Åsgard is one of the largest developments on the Norwegian continental shelf, embracing a total of 52 wells drilled through 16 seabed templates.
- Norway: Statoil Orders Subsea Structures for Asgard (mb50.wordpress.com)
- USA: Technip Rings Tubular Bells (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Technip Participates in Statoil’s Vilje and Visund Developments (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: North Sea Giant Stays with Technip (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Deep-Water Lifting: A Challenge for the Industry (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Subsea 7 Charters Island Intervention Vessel (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Technip Wins Two-Year Contract Extension for Pipeline Repair Services (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Norway: Aker Solutions to Supply Production Equipment for Brynhild Project (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 22, 2012, in Completions, Norway, Subsea, Subsea Systems and tagged Asgard, Compression, europe, Install, News, Norway, Norwegian Continental Shelf, Norwegian Sea, Oslo, Statoil, Stavanger, stavanger norway, SubSea, System, Technip. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Norway: Technip to Install Subsea Compression System on Asgard.