Ezion to Provide Service Rig for Operations Offshore Myanmar
Singapore’s Ezion Holdings Limited has sealed a charter contract with a value of up to USD 118 million over a 3 year period to provide a service rig to be used by a European based multinational oil company to support its oil and gas activities in offshore Myanmar.
The Service Rig is expected to be deployed and working in the field of Yadana before the end of 2012 after its refurbishment and upgrading. Ezion said that the project would be funded through internal resources as well as bank borrowings. The charter will not have a material impact on the Group’s earnings per share or net tangible assets per share for the financial year ending 31 st December 2012.
Ezion owns one of the largest and most sophisticated class of Multi Purpose Self Propelled Jack up Rigs (“Liftboats”) in the world and one of the first to promote the usage of Liftboats in Asia & Middle East. Ezion’s Liftboats are used mainly for well servicing, commissioning, maintenance and decommissioning of offshore platforms.
- Pioneer Drilling logs a 4Q profit (mysanantonio.com)
- Drilling permit slowdown having effect on St. Tammany businesses (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Burma’s oil and natural gas sectors eyed by Malaysia (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Jubilant Energy to Invest $80 million in Myanmar Oil, Gas Block (mb50.wordpress.com)
- Bangladesh: Looks to joint oil-gas exploration with Myanmar (Burma) (mb50.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 22, 2012, in Myanmar (Burma), Oil & Gas - offshore, P & A, Service, Southeast Asia and tagged Asia, Burma, energy, Ezion, Myanmar, myanmar burma, News, Offshore, Oil and Gas, oil gas exploration, Oil platform, operations, Petroleum industry, Provide, Rig, Service, service rig. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Ezion to Provide Service Rig for Operations Offshore Myanmar.